Old September 6th 04, 07:03 PM
Paul Burridge

Default Another hopeless text: spot the errors...

Hi guys,

Still reeling from the screw-up Chris Bowick made of his explanation
of FET biasing, I've come across this little gem which purports to
show the design considerations for a FET amplifier stage which takes
into account the spread of parameters one encounters with FETs:

http://ampdesigns.tripod.com/solved_problems.htm

"Solved problems"? I don't think so. I'm up to six glaring errors
already, but I'm sure there are more yet to be found. How many can
*you* spot?
--

"What is now proved was once only imagin'd." - William Blake, 1793.
Old September 6th 04, 09:16 PM
Paul Burridge

On Mon, 6 Sep 2004 20:45:24 -0700, "john jardine"
wrote:

I've never come across his book but if it was me I'd have thrown the bloody
thing away years ago.

Hehe! I don't blame you, John. But I should perhaps have made it
clearer that the link I posted has nothing to do with Bowick. It's
coursework by some lecturer at Bombay University.
--

"What is now proved was once only imagin'd." - William Blake, 1793.
Old September 6th 04, 09:30 PM
Michael A. Covington

"John Miles" wrote in message

Well, it does say, "If you are from some other university then confirm
with your professors whether these formulae/methods are valid for your
university."

So are the laws of physics different elsewhere?

Old September 7th 04, 05:54 AM
john jardine

wrote:

I've never come across his book but if it was me I'd have thrown the

bloody
thing away years ago.

Hehe! I don't blame you, John. But I should perhaps have made it
clearer that the link I posted has nothing to do with Bowick. It's
coursework by some lecturer at Bombay University.
--

"What is now proved was once only imagin'd." - William Blake, 1793.

I'll try pay attention next time :-(

Old September 8th 04, 10:34 AM
Paul Burridge

On Wed, 08 Sep 2004 04:20:13 GMT, Rich Grise wrote:

I first read this as:
If you are from some other universe then confirm
with your professors whether these formulae/methods
are valid for your universe.

Indeed! I don't think western designers have much to fear (job
competition-wise) from graduates of Bombay University. :-)
--

"What is now proved was once only imagin'd." - William Blake, 1793.
Old September 9th 04, 11:11 AM
Paul Burridge

On Mon, 6 Sep 2004 16:30:22 -0400, "Michael A. Covington"
wrote:

"John Miles" wrote in message

Well, it does say, "If you are from some other university then confirm
with your professors whether these formulae/methods are valid for your
university."

So are the laws of physics different elsewhere?

It appears so. Everywhere outside of Bombay, I guess.

--

"What is now proved was once only imagin'd." - William Blake, 1793.
Old September 9th 04, 09:38 PM
Gary S.

On Thu, 09 Sep 2004 20:09:55 GMT, "Tom Donaly"
wrote:

Gary S. wrote:

On Wed, 8 Sep 2004 19:27:28 -0500, "Tim Williams"
wrote:

PI IS EXACTLY THREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That was just in the state of Tennessee (or maybe Kentucky). Don't
think it actually passed.

But it illustrates the wisdom of having legislators make decisions
about science.

Happy trails,
Gary (net.yogi.bear)

They (the politicians) were relying on that vast storehouse of
scientific information, the
Bible, for their instruction.
73,
Tom Donaly, KA6RUH

I missed that part. Guess it would be in the Book of Numbers.

On the other hand, I do not know of anyone who searches for religious
instruction in a calculus textbook.

Happy trails,
Gary (net.yogi.bear)

Gary D. Schwartz, Needham, MA, USA