Old September 18th 04, 12:21 PM
Scott

Hey David,
I was trying to find my catalog from Amidon Associates (where I get my
toroids) before I opened my mouth and inserted foot and replied to your
quandry. In the brochure, they have a listing that tells how many turns
for each gauge wire on any given toroid size can be wound in a single
layer. Usually, I pick the largest wire that should fit based on the
number of turns I need. Right or wrong, that's how I do it. I couldn't
find it and I didn't see it on their website either. Anyhow, I assume
you are winding with enameled wire? Regarless, good luck with the
project and let us all know how it works out!

Scott
N0EDV

David Duxbury wrote:

Hi Scott I have tried and no way can i get 40 turns in without
overlapping, also is it correct to wind on only 80 percent of the core

Scott wrote:

Remember, each time the wire passes through the core is counted as a
turn. In other words, just passing the wire straight through the core
is one turn. 24 gauge wire should be fairly easy to get 40 turns in a
single pass. Toroids are usually wound about 330 degrees around (a 30
degree gap between start and end of winding)...

Scott

David Duxbury wrote:

Good day I am putting together a Vectronics 80 Meter Transceiver
Kit , the problem I have is winding the T50-2 toroid , the
instructions state to wind 40 turns of 24 gauge wire, would that be
two passes of twenty as forty on a single pass is nigh impossible.
Help would be appreciated.

--
Scott
http://corbenflyer.tripod.com/
Old September 18th 04, 02:39 PM
Bengt

David Duxbury wrote:
Hi again Guys I phoned the Vectronics people all I got from them was
yes you can wind forty turns onto the core, I say Bull.... I read in the
same instructions to wind on only 80 percentof the core, now I am a real
quandary? I am new to this but I hope not stupid, help please Dave.

David Duxbury wrote:

Good day I am putting together a Vectronics 80 Meter Transceiver
Kit , the problem I have is winding the T50-2 toroid , the
instructions state to wind 40 turns of 24 gauge wire, would that be
two passes of twenty as forty on a single pass is nigh impossible.
Help would be appreciated.

Nobody has asked you, so I put in the question here.

Are you sure that you have the right toroid?
Maybe you have mixed them up, Maybe the kit is delivered with wrong toroid?

When Vectronic and the kit manual says that it could be done, maybe you are
lookoing in the wrong direction?

73 de Ben/SM0KBW