Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old September 27th 04, 04:08 PM
Chris

Default Tube amp questions

I am looking at a 10 Meter mobile amp with (2) 6KV6A or 6JG6A tubes. I know
these are originally sweep tubes. The input SWR is over 3:1 and I'm thinking
that a resistor has been replaced by a wire jumper. There is no series
resistance or capacitance between the input and tubes. Adding a 25 Ohm
resistor drops the input SWR to 1.5:1 or lower. So what kind of power output
should I see on AM and SSB without harming the tubes?

Chris

Questions on Pierson KE-93 rx Mike Knudsen Boatanchors 0 April 21st 04 09:03 PM
Need "Original" (1937 era) 6U5 Tuning Eye Tube Mdcalvert Boatanchors 1 April 7th 04 11:06 PM
F.S. EICO 667 Tube Tester Kb2rev Equipment 0 March 12th 04 10:31 PM
Tube tester query? k3hvg Boatanchors 4 February 2nd 04 01:47 AM
FS: Old tube sockets, 4, 5, 6, 7 pin, Hammurlund, GR, ceramic, phenolic,matching plugs, extenders Al Schapira Boatanchors 0 January 19th 04 10:54 PM