Old October 21st 04, 04:24 PM
Paul Burridge

Default PT9703 RF transistor - anyone know the spec on it?

Hi all,

I've tried Googling, but Advanced Semiconductor have screwed the
search up with their worthless crap. What are the basic
characteristics of this device? Po, Ft, Gain, Vsupply, typical
application etc.

Thanks,

paul
--

"What is now proved was once only imagin'd." - William Blake, 1793.
Old October 21st 04, 10:10 PM
Dan Rae

Paul Burridge wrote:

Hi all,
What are the basic
characteristics of this device? Po, Ft, Gain, Vsupply, typical
application etc.

10 Watts up to 400 MHz, 10 dB, 28 Volt, UHF FM AM etc

73 Dan AC6AO / G3NCR

Old October 21st 04, 10:25 PM
Joerg

Hi Paul,

Vague memory but afair it is a UHF (lower UHF) power transistor, maybe
20 watts or so, 24V or 28V (not a 12V type). Could be ok for the 70cm
ham band but that might already be a stretch, probably better for 2m.

Amps with devices like these didn't have a whole lot of gain when used
at their upper frequency limits, certainly less than 10dB so you'd need
something of about a quarter of the power you want as output to drive it.

Again, this is from memory so I am not 100% sure. My hunch is that you
probably can buy 12V versions in a similar power range for little money
these days.

Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Old October 22nd 04, 01:10 AM
Tam/WB2TT

"Paul Burridge" wrote in message
Hi all,

I've tried Googling, but Advanced Semiconductor have screwed the
search up with their worthless crap. What are the basic
characteristics of this device? Po, Ft, Gain, Vsupply, typical
application etc.

Thanks,

paul
--

"What is now proved was once only imagin'd." - William Blake, 1793.

It's a UHF NPN power transistor. At 400 MHz, with VCC=28 V, and PO= 10W,
the gain is 8.2 db (min). Maximum collector current is 1.25 amp, and max
dissipation is 20 W @ 25C derated .114 W/C. Claimed collector efficiency is
60%. Moto must have second sourced this; it is in their 1991 RF book.

Tam

Old October 22nd 04, 01:11 AM
legg

On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 16:24:04 +0100, Paul Burridge
wrote:

Hi all,

I've tried Googling, but Advanced Semiconductor have screwed the
search up with their worthless crap. What are the basic
characteristics of this device? Po, Ft, Gain, Vsupply, typical
application etc.

from TRW '83

PT9703B
spec @ 400MHz
Pgain 10Wout for Pin 1.5W
Collector efficiency 60%
Cob 12pF
Icmax continuous - 1.25A - note that SOA curves limit at 1.125A.
Vceo 30V
Vces 60V
designed for 28Vcc system Common-Emitter UHF
Isolated package (? from mounting stud, I assume)
Rthjc 8.8degC/W
Tj 200degC limit
Pdiss limit @Tc20deg = 20W

RL

Old October 22nd 04, 01:20 AM
Steve Kavanagh

Paul:

TRW PT9703:

Max. Frequency: 400 MHz
Power Output: 10 W
Gain: 10 dB
Vceo: 30 V (intended for 28 V supply)
Vces: 55 V
Thermal resistance (junction-to-case): 8.8 deg.C/W

The lead with a diagonal cut corner is the collector. No, I don't
have a data sheet, just an old short-form catalogue, so that's all the
info I have (apart from a dimensioned drawing of the case).

Steve
Old October 22nd 04, 02:30 PM
w9gb

"Tam/WB2TT" wrote in message

"Paul Burridge" wrote in message
Hi all,

I've tried Googling, but Advanced Semiconductor have screwed the
search up with their worthless crap. What are the basic
characteristics of this device? Po, Ft, Gain, Vsupply, typical
application etc.

Thanks,

paul
--

"What is now proved was once only imagin'd." - William Blake, 1793.

It's a UHF NPN power transistor. At 400 MHz, with VCC=28 V, and PO= 10W,
the gain is 8.2 db (min). Maximum collector current is 1.25 amp, and max
dissipation is 20 W @ 25C derated .114 W/C. Claimed collector efficiency
is 60%. Moto must have second sourced this; it is in their 1991 RF book.

Tam

Yes, the "PT" was second sourced from TRW.

gb

Old October 22nd 04, 10:50 PM
Paul Burridge

On 21 Oct 2004 17:20:39 -0700, (Steve
Kavanagh) wrote:

[snip]

Thanks, all!

p.
--

"What is now proved was once only imagin'd." - William Blake, 1793.
Old October 24th 04, 12:37 AM
J M Noeding

On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 13:30:18 GMT, "w9gb"
wrote:

Yes, the "PT" was second sourced from TRW.

like "SRF" from Motorola?

73, JM

---
J. M. Noeding, LA8AK, N-4623 Kristiansand
http://home.online.no/~la8ak/c.htm
Old October 24th 04, 07:05 AM
legg

wrote:

Yes, the "PT" was second sourced from TRW.

like "SRF" from Motorola?

The Motorola part carried the same part number.

RL

PT9783 spec?? zindazenda Homebrew 2 February 10th 04 06:31 AM
SMA connector on VX-2R out of spec? Tad Marko Equipment 4 August 26th 03 04:55 AM
SMA connector on VX-2R out of spec? Tad Marko Equipment 0 August 25th 03 08:54 PM
Valve equivalent or spec for Mullard YL1321 steve H Homebrew 2 August 16th 03 09:33 AM
Valve equivalent or spec for Mullard YL1321 steve H Homebrew 0 August 15th 03 02:47 PM