Old November 15th 04, 07:45 AM
Ian White, G3SEK

Default ANZAC component data?

Is there a source of ANZAC component data on the web?

I'm looking specifically for data on the THV-50 2-port hybrid (power
divider) and the CD-50-4 4-port hybrid.

http://www.ifwtech.co.uk/g3sek
Old November 15th 04, 03:54 PM
Per-Ã…ke Andersson

Ian White, G3SEK wrote:

Is there a source of ANZAC component data on the web?

I'm looking specifically for data on the THV-50 2-port hybrid (power
divider) and the CD-50-4 4-port hybrid.

Anzac bought. by MAcom bought by Tyco.

TVH-50-2 is here
http://macom.com/products/products_spec.jsp?pn=THV-50

But cant find the CD-50-2 here
http://macom.com/products/product_oview.jsp

/Ake

--
Remove "extra" in my e-mail

Old November 15th 04, 10:12 PM
Sven Lundbech

Dear Ian,

According to my trusty old 1984 Anzac catalouge,

THV-50-2 is a 2-200 MHz in-phase two-way power divider, 50 ohms, 0.5 dB
loss, 30 dB isolation, 1 deg. phase (un)balance, 2.5 watts max rating,
internal load dissipation 0.5 watts max. The cost was approx. $75...

vy 73
Sven Lundbech
OZ7S
President EDR
Former Tech. Editor, OZ Magazine

Old November 16th 04, 05:31 AM
Rick Karlquist N6RK

Some Anzac parts are now made by Tyco. But for most
of them, you have to have a paper Anzac catalog (I have
carefully saved mine). Same thing with the old
Watkins-Johnson company that made mixers. Save
the paper catalog if you still have it.

Rick N6RK

Old November 16th 04, 07:37 AM
Ian White, G3SEK

Rick Karlquist N6RK wrote:
Some Anzac parts are now made by Tyco.

Thanks to everyone who pointed that out. The THV-50 is a current product
on the website of M/A-COM, who bought ANZAC but were in turn gobbled up
by Tyco.

The CD-50-4 remains a mystery, so far (but definitely not a typo - I'm
looking at it right now).

But for most
of them, you have to have a paper Anzac catalog (I have
carefully saved mine). Same thing with the old
Watkins-Johnson company that made mixers. Save
the paper catalog if you still have it.

I normally do save them, but threw out the ANZAC one about 15 years ago
because I didn't have any of their parts... at that time.

Sadly, the whole catalog collection in the loft is now under threat, as
we prepare for relocation next year. The very last to go will be the
1986 HP catalog, because that has most of my testgear in it!

http://www.ifwtech.co.uk/g3sek

Old November 19th 04, 10:49 AM
Per-Ã…ke Andersson

Ian White, G3SEK wrote:
Is there a source of ANZAC component data on the web?

I'm looking specifically for data on the THV-50 2-port hybrid (power
divider) and the CD-50-4 4-port hybrid.

In "1970 product summary" I found under Hybrids 0-180 degrees:
CD-50 (no -4)
Frequency 80-1000 MHz (note Octave Coverage)
Max. loss 0.5dB
Max.Unbalance 2 degrees 0.3 dB
Max. SWR 1.5:1
Min. Isolation 25 dB
Power rating (Watts) 50

Some help I think. But you need a catalogue from mid/late 70 or
very early 80:th. (Its not in the 1984 cat.)
Fig. 4 could be the connector type, but in this 1970 cat the
connecor is B , N, S, T (BNC N SMA TNC).

/Per-Ake
--
Remove "extra" in my e-mail

Old November 19th 04, 01:08 PM
Ian White, G3SEK

Per-Ã…ke Andersson wrote:
Ian White, G3SEK wrote:
Is there a source of ANZAC component data on the web?
I'm looking specifically for data on the THV-50 2-port hybrid (power
divider) and the CD-50-4 4-port hybrid.

In "1970 product summary" I found under Hybrids 0-180 degrees:
CD-50 (no -4)
Frequency 80-1000 MHz (note Octave Coverage)
Max. loss 0.5dB
Max.Unbalance 2 degrees 0.3 dB
Max. SWR 1.5:1
Min. Isolation 25 dB
Power rating (Watts) 50

Some help I think. But you need a catalogue from mid/late 70 or
very early 80:th. (Its not in the 1984 cat.)
Fig. 4 could be the connector type, but in this 1970 cat the
connecor is B , N, S, T (BNC N SMA TNC).

Thank you, Per-Ã…ke!

It is indeed a 1/180deg hybrid coupler. At last, I think I understand
the little drawing on the label.

The module is a square box with a port on each side. If you inject a
signal into any port, it seems there will be a null at the port on the
opposite side of the module; but only if the impedances connected to the
other two ports are equal. So one use could be as a return loss bridge.

Alternatively, with a load terminating the opposite port, the two side
ports can be used as either a 0deg or a 180deg hybrid power divider with
good isolation between the output ports (and that 50W power rating looks
interesting).

The frequency range on the label says 175-350MHz, so maybe the "-4"
indicates an option.

Well, all that gives me something to go on. Next stop will be to sweep
it in the various connection modes, to see what loss and isolation it
really does have... and of course how well it performs at 144MHz and
432MHz.

Once again, thank you all very much!

http://www.ifwtech.co.uk/g3sek