Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 12th 05, 10:19 AM
Old Macdonald

Default Hairy R. Beanz proposal

A proposal for the body of Hams that make up this

NG is that we club together and conceive of a design

for an HF transceiver that could form the basis of the

station of any budding Radio Ham.

Interesting! If Hairy R. Beanz has anything to do with it then it would
indeed be an unisual rig. Synthesiser whine, or any other whining would have
to be encouraged. The PTT switch would have to be rewired to a PTR (Press To
receive) switch since listening would be only used occasionally. The
microphone would need to be large - it would have to be HUGE, - Large enough
for even Hairy´s mouth. the output power would need to be meggawatts to make
sure Hairy can impose his views world-wide (as he is doing now). The
modulating system would need a digital sound recorder so the same views can
be repeated over and over, again , and again, and again ...

The club that Hairy is proposing would also be a big one, especially when
one considers the membership. I would hate to be in the club room at the
weekly club meeting, but then again, Hairy would probably introduce club
subscriptions. Then there would have to be a club "constitutional" so Hairy
could have his "daily constitutional", which would probably mean fitting the
newly designed rig in the toilet.

Naaaa. Count me out. The "acid toungue" would also require a special
microphone, and I, for one, am not prepared to contribute anything to this
project to make a free rig for Hairy R. Beanz.