Old February 13th 19, 09:56 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Default [KD8CEC] Assembling the FAA-450 Antenna Analyzer(EU1KY) - include some DH1AKF mod, KD8CEC mod (#2)

KD8CEC Amateur Radio

Assembling the FAA-450 Antenna Analyzer(EU1KY) - include some DH1AKF mod,
KD8CEC mod (#2)

http://www.hamskey.com/2019/02/assem...0-antenna.html

If you have an antenna board, you can make your own antenna analyzer in 30
minutes.
also, you can buy assembled finished products.
If you have purchased a finished product, just follow the modifications
below.

I am planning several series about the EU1KY antenna.

1.Introduction -
http://www.hamskey.com/2019/02/faa-4...zer-eu1ky.html
2.Create FAA-450 (this article)
3.Firmware Uploading
4.Principle of Antenna Analyzer
5.Antenna Analyzer Firmware Improvement
Again, you can purchase the finished product by referring to the link below.

1.Make FAA-450 Basic
https://bitbucket.org/kuchura/eu1ky_aa_v3/wiki/Home

It is the preparation for making AA. Simple, right?

You must first change the jumper on the Discovery board.

Below is a picture before work.

Remove the SMD resistor connected to SB3. SB5.
Connect SB1. Connect SB4.
Below is a picture of the work completed.

Wrap the cable around the core as shown below. I used an SMA connector for
the experiment, but you can choose M, N, BNC type and so on.
You can also adjust the cable length to suit your case.

Connect the above prepared coaxial cable as shown below.

Below is a picture I worked on.

The middle of the coaxial cable should be connected to GND.
Using a knife makes it easy to work with.

Three wires are required as shown below.

Connect three wires to GND, V, I of the RF board.

Connect the opposite side of the wire to the MIC input of the Discovery
board as shown below.
Be careful of the color of the wire being connected.

Congratulations!!!, You've created the best Antenna Analyzer with 15
soldering points.

2.DH1AKF's H/W Mod
DH1AKF introduced a modification to attach a speaker and RTC to the Antenna
Analyzer.

I do not need to install the RTC yet, so I will just install the speakers.
But later, if I add WSPR or FT8 functionality to Antenna Analyzer, I think
I need RTC.

Prepare a speaker or Piezo Speaker with little wire.

I prepared it as follows to attach simply.

It will be connected on PI2 of Discovery board.

Below is a picture I worked on.

3.KD8CEC's H/W Mod (1st)
I would like to try Antenna Analyzer a little more fun. this is first mod

Connect and Coaxial Cable are required.

Connect the prepared cable to the RF board as shown below.
simple?

Completion. Easy?
You can install the built-in battery here, or you can connect an external
battery for your mobile phone.

You must change the jumper below when connecting 5Volt directly to the
board.