Old April 23rd 20, 09:56 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Default SA612 better alternatives!

I have recently upgraded my deaf HW7 receiver.

Started with the SA612, fed by the very stable , original HW7 vfo, feeding industry standard NE5532 audio chain . Performance was very good for its simplicity, but, the local station, totally blocked my receiver.

So, I opted for an AD831 , and found that judging from my ears, not much difference in noise and sensitivity, but, never experienced any blocking , at all, at any time. And, unlike the SA612, BCI , was absent, even with simple antenna input circuit.
Old April 24th 20, 12:21 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

On 23/04/2020 09:56, 9H1FQ wrote:
I have recently upgraded my deaf HW7 receiver.

Started with the SA612, fed by the very stable , original HW7 vfo, feeding industry standard NE5532 audio chain . Performance was very good for its simplicity, but, the local station, totally blocked my receiver.

So, I opted for an AD831 , and found that judging from my ears, not much difference in noise and sensitivity, but, never experienced any blocking , at all, at any time. And, unlike the SA612, BCI , was absent, even with simple antenna input circuit.

I think the SA612 is easy to better.

Even an SL6440 can beat it.

--
Brian Gregory (in England).
Old April 25th 20, 08:48 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

The only snag with the AD831 is that is unsuitable for portable work, as it consumes just over 100 mA

SA612/NE612 - optimal input signal level Micha³ S³omkowski Homebrew 6 September 6th 09 04:42 PM
Alternatives to ILG? Tom Shortwave 2 December 23rd 05 06:56 PM
NE/SA602 VS NE/SA612 KD7TOG Homebrew 2 May 5th 04 04:14 AM
NE/SA602 VS NE/SA612 KD7TOG Homebrew 0 May 5th 04 02:52 AM
Alternatives Eugene General 0 October 13th 03 10:34 PM