Old July 6th 20, 07:29 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Default [VA3QV] Well we got it

My Amateur Radio Life

Well we got it

https://va3qv.wordpress.com/2020/06/27/well-we-got-it/

A lot has happened since my last post The biggie being that we have our new
trailer and its on our campsite at Varty Lake Ontario.

Thursday mid day we drove over to the good people at Quinte RV in
Belleville and at 130pm in the afternoon we took possession of the new rig
I was so excited and overwhelmed after the Service Dept helped me hook up
and then explained all the features to me again that I honestly forgot to
take some pics.

Around 230 I left with my rig securely attached to the VA3QV/m and I went
east on HWY 2 through Napanee to Odessa Ontario. In Odessa I then went
north on County Road 6 to Yarker Ontario and from Yarker north and east to
Cedar Crest Campground.

It took about 1 hour to get it parked on our site and levelled. The power
and water hooked up. It took a while longer to get everything out of the
back of the truck and put away properly but. I used my tailgate BBQ to make
burgers the first night and then built our new BBQ (a bit bigger than the
tailgate special) on Friday night and tested it out with a Steak and baked
Potato dinner.

It still a learning process though but we are happy here. So far Erika
(daughter 2) spent Thursday night here and Trisha (daughter 3) has spent
Thursday night here and will also be spending the Weekend.

On the Radio Side of things I did get my S9 43 foot vertical installed on
the spare tire mount of my trailer and ran a couple of radials around the
property. The rig is my FT 450 (the one I bought in Oshawa a few months
ago) and I brought my SGC 237 tuner from home.

I operated from here for Field Day and learned a lot about my antenna
choices. After a few different remakes I settled on the S9 43 foot vertical
with more radials. The campground owner does not mind what I put up as long
as its not too shiny and everything fits inside my lot

So the S9 is still off the rear bumper but my dual band VHF/UHF antenna
along with a better OTA TV antenna is off the front of the camper using a
20 foot mast.

You might notice the different style in this posting but in reality I am
using my IPAD and the software is not letting me insert graphics where I
want to. I seem to remember having this problem a few years ago when I was
in VY2Land but I cant remember what I did to correct that

Anyway.

More to follow but for now thats it

73 and Safe Travels

Bob