Old March 6th 05, 02:47 PM
Pig Bladder

On Sun, 06 Mar 2005 03:43:16 +0000, R. Steve Walz wrote:

Watson A.Name - "Watt Sun, the Dark Remover" wrote:

You can belittle others for their opinions, and bitch and whine about
the situation at hand. But like they say, when life hands you a lemon,
make lemonade. Quitcherbitchin, and get on with life. You're
complaining to the wrong crowd - almost everyone really don't care what
you or i think.

--------------------------------
There ain't no "life". There are people. When these ****-****ing
mother-****ing *******s hand you lemons you simply gang-up on them
and KILL them. THEN they'll ****ing STOP! THAT'S what Democracy is!

What goes around comes around.
--
Pig Bladder on a Stick

Old March 8th 05, 03:28 AM
Watson A.Name - \Watt Sun, the Dark Remover\

"mc" wrote in message
The Internet was designed for use within research establishments

where
people were all, at some level, accountable and trustworthy. It

has
become
a playground for con artists and pests.

All, at some level, accountable and trustworthy? Not really. The

first
spam was in 1978, so there were problems from the beginning.

There was very little until the 1990s, and if the first spam was in

1978,

You're exactly right: there was very little in the early '90s because
the Net was very little until the '90s. Obviously.

then we had about 7 years of good networking before there was any.

I'm curious as to what you mean by good networking. And what you mean
by 'there was any'. Like, any _what_? Those two idiots Canter & Siegel
were already spamming Usenet in 1994.
http://www.coin.org.uk/roadshow/pres...on/canter.html

Old March 8th 05, 02:41 PM
mc

There was very little until the 1990s, and if the first spam was in
1978,

You're exactly right: there was very little in the early '90s because
the Net was very little until the '90s. Obviously.

then we had about 7 years of good networking before there was any.

I'm curious as to what you mean by good networking. And what you mean
by 'there was any'. Like, any _what_? Those two idiots Canter & Siegel
were already spamming Usenet in 1994.

Yes, because in 1993, commercial public access began. There was very, very
little spam during the days when the Internet was confined to academia and
research labs. Back then, when people talked about "spam" they generally
meant announcements that were on-topic but were considered too commercial.

Old March 9th 05, 12:48 PM

"mc" wrote in message
There was very little until the 1990s, and if the first spam was in

1978,

You're exactly right: there was very little in the early '90s

because
the Net was very little until the '90s. Obviously.

then we had about 7 years of good networking before there was any.

I'm curious as to what you mean by good networking. And what you

mean
by 'there was any'. Like, any _what_? Those two idiots Canter &

Siegel
were already spamming Usenet in 1994.

Yes, because in 1993, commercial public access began. There was very,

very
little spam during the days when the Internet was confined to academia

and
research labs.

But, "there was very, very little Internet during the days when the
Internet was confined to academia and research labs." So the effect was
virtually nil.

Or more precisely, if you didn't have any spam because you didn't have
any Internet, then what's the point.

Back then, when people talked about "spam" they generally
meant announcements that were on-topic but were considered too

commercial.

But, "back then, when people talked about "spam", there were no people
talking in the general public. In other words, back in "the good ol'
days", there were no good ol' days for the average person.

a great read Happy camper CB 1 November 19th 04 02:51 PM
The Pickett N-16 ES Slide Rule John Savard Homebrew 0 January 13th 04 03:49 AM
The Pickett N-16 ES Slide Rule John Savard Homebrew 0 January 13th 04 03:49 AM
FS: Palomar 225 Pack Rat CB 12 September 16th 03 06:43 PM
I also need Diy plans for a 300 watt linear BR549 CB 2 September 16th 03 06:37 PM