Old March 17th 05, 03:27 PM
Phil

Default Battery charger cable for Yaesu VX-2

I have tried to find out if the optional 12 volt mobile charger
cable for the VX-2 contains circuitry or if it just supplies
voltage to charging circuitry in the radio. Does anyone know
or have a schematic?

While we're at it, howa bout the included 110 vac charger?

I would like to take it apart, but haven't the heart (yet...)

Thanks for any info,

phil
Old March 17th 05, 03:36 PM
Ken Bessler

"Phil" wrote in message
7.142...
I have tried to find out if the optional 12 volt mobile charger
cable for the VX-2 contains circuitry or if it just supplies
voltage to charging circuitry in the radio. Does anyone know
or have a schematic?

While we're at it, howa bout the included 110 vac charger?

I would like to take it apart, but haven't the heart (yet...)

Thanks for any info,

phil

Phil - I'm only about 98% sure but I think all the charging
circuits are in the radio and battery. I converted my VX-2R's
power cable by installing RCA connectors half way between
the wall wart and plug. I then bought a 4xAA dry cell case
and put an RCA connector on it. Now I can run 3w and
recharge the Li-Ion pack, all from a set of energizers.

BTW you might want to join our group - almost 1,200 users
all with VX-2's....

73's es gd dx de Ken KGØWX
Grid EM17ip, Flying Pigs #1055,
VX-2R & FT-857

Old March 17th 05, 04:26 PM
Phil

Ken,

Thanks for some very good info. I was hoping that was the case.
This opens up the possiblity of making a 12 volt mobile charger
and using the solar panel for free re-charges too.

I'll pass on the Yahoo groups. Newsgroups are wide open and
full of great folks like yourself with lots of good info.

73,

phil