Old April 6th 05, 04:34 PM
Albert

Default Tayloe detector at vlf?

Can the tayloe detector function at 16 to 20 Khz with reduced speed
(thus lower power) IC's? Say the cmos 4000 family??

I need a very selective single frequency receiver somewhere between 15
to 20 Khz. The receiver that has to be small, and use very little
power. Has anyone ever used the tayloe at vlf frequencies? I need to
detect the presence or lack of the transmitter signal, with
selectivity in the 5 to 10 hz range.

I can get narrow selectivity with quartz, but the quartz I need isn't
very "available" meaning custom built crystals is the only way. Not at
all cheap:: The need for acurately matching hte impedance of the
quartz filters also adds added components and make the receiver
larger.

Active filters using op amps use to much power.

Thanks,