Old May 14th 05, 09:57 AM

Default FCC BUST IN TEXAS

Hey Folks,
Kinda down at the moment, our college radio station got busted by the
FCC. Here a list of the stuff that was hauled off:

NRG PLL-PRO 3 20W TRANSMITTER
NRG 220 WATT RF LINEAR AMPLIFIER
NRG PRO III STEREO CODER
NRG PRO III STEREO LIMITER COMPRESSOR
DAIWA CN-101L SWR+POWER METER
COMET CFM-95SL 5/8 WAVE ANTENNA
50 FEET OF LMR 400 COAX
KENWOOD R-1000 SW RECEIVER (my fathers old short-wave radio?)

The really weird part is that we WERE NOT transmitting at the time of
the raid. One of the agents tolds us that they traced us through a
purchase order from Broadcast-Warehouse! It's true that we bought a
150w amp from broadcastwarehouse.com a few weeks ago. How did the FCC
know about that?

Anyways, we will rebuild the station and continue to fight the globle
interests of the MEGA-MACHINE.

DEATH TO THE MEGA-MACHINE!

Old May 14th 05, 10:56 AM
Leon Heller

wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

How is this relevant to amateur radio?

Leon
--
Leon Heller
http://www.geocities.com/leon_heller

Old May 14th 05, 12:24 PM
Adelphia

Sounds like a candidate for one of the mentally impaired neo-Nazi groups.
The station was either unlicensed or not authorized for the power they were
running. Given the immature post I also assume that the content wasn't very
nice.
Dick

Old May 14th 05, 03:07 PM
gb

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hey Folks,
Kinda down at the moment, our college radio station got busted by the
FCC.

The really weird part is that we WERE NOT transmitting at the time of
the raid. One of the agents tolds us that they traced us through a
purchase order from Broadcast-Warehouse! It's true that we bought a
150w amp from broadcastwarehouse.com a few weeks ago. How did the FCC
know about that?

Anyways, we will rebuild the station and continue to fight the globle
interests of the MEGA-MACHINE.

DEATH TO THE MEGA-MACHINE!

Poor soul does not know that traditional radio is dead
(Wall Street proclamation by analysts and investors earlier this week -
go read TheStreet.com).

Why?

Internet Radio stations (streaming audio), XM and Sirius Radio (Howard Stern
and others) and new digital "HD" format for over-air stations
Infinity Broadcasting announced earlier this week that WUSN-FM 99.5 HD-2 in
Chicago will be the first continuously programmed HD Radio multicast channel
by a commercial broadcaster..

and technology marches on .... like demise of end of 8-track and cassette
tapes.

gb

Old May 14th 05, 07:11 PM
John Smith

I guess if the equip would have been homebrew it would have been more
difficult to trace--got any friends in the electronics lab?

Cheaper to lose homebrew equip too...

Warmest regards,
John
--
Marbles can be used in models with excellent results! However, if forced
to keep using all of mine up... I may end up at a disadvantage... I seem

oups.com...

Old May 14th 05, 09:51 PM
Ken Scharf

John Smith wrote:
I guess if the equip would have been homebrew it would have been more
difficult to trace--got any friends in the electronics lab?

Cheaper to lose homebrew equip too...

Warmest regards,
John

Anybody ever hear of a bootleg radio station called WCPR? (aka WFAT).
They were on from Brooklyn NYC in the 70's.
They hung out on the upper end of the AM BCB (1650 ish).
Their equipment was an old Collins transmitter. I don't
remember the model, but it had plug in coils to change bands,
a slug tuned vfo (actually wasn't a vfo, but could be set
via a screwdriver to frequency, no crystal used), and used
a pair of 807's in the final modulated by 4 6L6's in push-pull
parallel. Using a long wire flat top about 200 feet long between
two 23 story high apartment buildings they were heard across the pond.

A friend of mine gave the equipment to two college kids that
put the station on the air using their stereo as a mixer
panel. They also used phone loop-line numbers to take over
the air phone calls without giving out their own phone numbers.
Old May 14th 05, 10:16 PM
John Smith

While I don't support illegal activity (but do support revising the law--and
the publics right to access expanded spectrum), as a teenager I loved to
search the SW bands for pirate stations--I still hope the youth find as much
pleasure as I did in that pursuit--somewhere...

Especially interesting were the "Pirate ships", ones with xmitters
onboard... I would listen late into the wee hours... still managing to get
to school the next morning...

Warmest regards,
John
--
Marbles can be used in models with excellent results! However, if forced
to keep using all of mine up... I may end up at a disadvantage... I seem
to have misplaced some already!!!

. ..

Old May 21st 05, 01:53 PM
Jim Douglas

But think about it, as more and more stations go to satellite it will free
up freq for this type of stuff.

Peaked and Tuned Dan CB 108 May 15th 04 03:48 PM
keyclowns: AKC sitting on major Nebo bust The Supreme Council CB 18 March 13th 04 11:31 PM
"Export" radio loophole closed - BUST MADE Bandit CB 36 December 17th 03 03:17 AM
****F/S Texas Star "Sweet Sixteen" DX-1600**** Train CB 0 September 23rd 03 08:08 PM