Old August 4th 05, 03:32 PM
William E. Sabin

Default My Homebrew gear

A picture and brief discussion of my homebrew HF receiver and transmitter
are on QRZ.COM.

Bill W0IYH

Old August 4th 05, 03:40 PM
Harold E. Johnson

"William E. Sabin" wrote in message
A picture and brief discussion of my homebrew HF receiver and transmitter
are on QRZ.COM.

Bill W0IYH

Very handsome Bill. Is that 40+ volt supply internal to the transmitter
cabinet? Any blowers involved?

Regards
W4ZCB

Old August 4th 05, 06:01 PM
Harold E. Johnson

"Harold E. Johnson" wrote in message

"William E. Sabin" wrote in message
A picture and brief discussion of my homebrew HF receiver and transmitter
are on QRZ.COM.

Bill W0IYH

Very handsome Bill. Is that 40+ volt supply internal to the transmitter
cabinet? Any blowers involved?

Belay the last, just remembered the blower on the MRF-150's!

Regards
W4ZCB

Old August 4th 05, 06:02 PM
William E. Sabin

Yes, the 47 V 8A series regulator supply is in the big cabinet. It also has
all of the protections for the MRF150 transistors. Also a fan for the 100W
amplifier module. The transmitter is completely self-contained.

There is no attempt at miniaturization. I don't have the time or patience
for that level of effort. Each radio is a "test bed" and not a finished
product. Just this morning I made two circuit improvements in the receiver.
I recently rebuilt the 3.395 MHz IF amp module and the AGC processor module
to get rid of a rat's nest of "fixups" and haywire. It looks pretty good
now.

I do admire the tremendous effort that goes into the compact transceivers,
but I don't want to duplicate it. It is the basic radio communications
functionality that I care about.

Bill W0IYH

Old August 5th 05, 04:48 AM

Bill: Very nice! It was a pleasure to look at the pictures and read
about your work. Very FB! 73
Bill
M0HBR N2CQR CU2JL
http://planeta.clix.pt/n2cqr