Old November 14th 05, 12:09 AM
Scott

Default Source for DV2840S MOSFET?

Does anybody have a source for the DV2840S MOSFET or a DV1007 (same
thing, old part number)? Tried Google and Dogpile. Found one place had
them for $30 each. Can anybody find a cross reference to an ECG or NTE
part number? Tried both online, with no results. How about an
equivalent part??

It is for a 2M amplifier project from the RSGB book "VHF UHF Manual"

Scott
N0EDV
Old November 14th 05, 01:08 AM
gb

"Scott" wrote in message
.. .
Does anybody have a source for the DV2840S MOSFET or a DV1007 (same thing,
old part number)? Tried Google and Dogpile. Found one place had them for
$30 each. Can anybody find a cross reference to an ECG or NTE part
number? Tried both online, with no results. How about an equivalent
part??

It is for a 2M amplifier project from the RSGB book "VHF UHF Manual"

Scott
N0EDV

Scott,

Have you tried RF Parts?
"Best place in US for the solid-state amplifier builder
They should be able to find a suitable cross reference to a Motorola,
Toshiba or Mitsubishi device
http://www.rfparts.com/mototran.html

RF Power MOSFETs - N Channel
http://www.rfparts.com/transistorspecs.html#mosfets

Transistor Case styles
http://www.rfparts.com/trancase.html

BTW, $30 is a correct "ballpark" price for a MOSFET in the 2-meter range (up
to 175 MHz) with 70 watts output at 12.5 VDC

RF Parts
435 South Pacific Street
San Marcos, California 92078
U.S.A.
Technical Help & Customer Service
(760) 744-0750
10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. PST
Monday - Friday

=======================
w9gb

Old November 14th 05, 02:37 AM

On Mon, 14 Nov 2005 00:09:36 +0000, Scott
wrote:

Does anybody have a source for the DV2840S MOSFET or a DV1007 (same
thing, old part number)? Tried Google and Dogpile. Found one place had
them for $30 each. Can anybody find a cross reference to an ECG or NTE
part number? Tried both online, with no results. How about an
equivalent part??

It is for a 2M amplifier project from the RSGB book "VHF UHF Manual"

Scott
N0EDV

Thats at least a 25 year old part and not common then. If RF Parts
doesn't have it it's likely unobtainium.

Allison
KB1GMX

Old November 14th 05, 03:23 AM
Scott

RF Parts is the first place I went. I didn't see that FET listed.
Seems to me I found a website that listed an SK number cross reference,
but I can't find it again. I did email RF Parts with that SK number and
it was $2.40, so I think that SK number was referring to some other FET
on that website...They told me they were unable to give me any info on
that part when I asked if it was a MOSFET...

Scott

gb wrote:
.. .

Old November 14th 05, 12:26 PM

On Mon, 14 Nov 2005 03:26:49 +0000, Scott
wrote:

I know it's an oldie, but I'm hopefull to dig one up. The amp design is
so simple and matches very well with the transverter I built out of the
same book...2W in 25W out.

Scott
N0EDV

I know. Thats why I know its near unobtainum. I ended up using a
MRF part.

Allison