Old January 8th 06, 12:22 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,sci.electronics.design
Joerg

Default Doppler Radar

Hallo Brian,

No idea what you mean by ALB as abbreviations are only good for those who
all have an understanding of what is meant.

I used ALB because it was on the insurance papers. They give a discount
for that feature. In Europe they mostly call it ABS.

If you refer to a car with antilock brakes then they DO leave marks that can
be identified. I have investigated enough accident scenes that leave the
same tell tale signs. Boy racers with antilock brakes all assume they can
go faster and no one will know. How wrong they are.

True, they do leave regulation patterns. But an accident investigator
told me they are pretty faint and wear off faster by traffic.

Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Old January 8th 06, 12:28 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,sci.electronics.design
Joerg

Hello Brian,

Keep the dogs under control as responsible people keep their children under
control.

Even then it can still happen and we all have to use our cars carefully.
One kid didn't get injured because I was going 15mph in a 25mph zone
(the street where we live). It dashed out when the garage was opened,
zooming into the road from behind a van. Couldn't see it coming but I
never go faster on that street, for that very reason. I came to a stop
about one foot before the child.

Old January 8th 06, 12:51 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,sci.electronics.design
James T. White

"RST Engineering" wrote in message
B) It is a private dead-end road owned in mutual easement between the

four
families that live at the end of it about half a mile off the county

road
that serves it. The county mounties have nothing to say about what

goes on
on the road.

So go have a talk with the parents in the other three families and ask
them to get control of their kids. Better yet, send the responsible
ones a bill for your new dog.

--
James T. White

Old January 8th 06, 01:03 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,sci.electronics.design
maxfoo

On Sat, 7 Jan 2006 16:05:43 -0800, "RST Engineering"
wrote:

why can't you just
ATFQ?

because this is newsnet and anything goes.

Old January 8th 06, 02:25 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,sci.electronics.design
RST Engineering

What a fu**ing jerk. I asked a technical question in a technical newsgroup.
I expect a technical answer.

As to your political and ethical questions to my question, go find another
newsgroup to tell others how to live. Our little tiny community knows how to
do it, we all agree on the problem, and we're going to solve it. I'm
providing the technical know-how.

And don't tell me how to use local law enforcement or local political action
how to do it. I've spent 12 years of my life in local elective office at
the highest local levels. I don't need your unsolicited advice on how to
work the system.

Please, no more of this crap. Anybody with a source for doppler radars,
please post. Others, BUTT OUT.

Jim

"Brian" wrote in message

RESPONSIBLE parents do not let their children run out in the road, idiots
that allow dogs to run free in the road need to be aware that they can
cause accidents.

Old January 8th 06, 02:30 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,sci.electronics.design
RST Engineering \(jw\)

You are one of the idiots I don't ever want to live next to. We can talk to
the parents until we are blue in the face and the kids are going to be ...
kids.

Please butt out of this conversation.

Ji

Old January 8th 06, 02:33 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,sci.electronics.design
RST Engineering \(jw\)

That's because "Brian", an "experienced investigator" hasn't ever seen ALB,
although laymen such as I can translate it rather easily.

Brian is a jerknose.

Jim

..com

Old January 8th 06, 03:28 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,sci.electronics.design
Mike Coslo

RST Engineering wrote:
What a fu**ing jerk. I asked a technical question in a technical newsgroup.
I expect a technical answer.

As to your political and ethical questions to my question, go find another
newsgroup to tell others how to live. Our little tiny community knows how to
do it, we all agree on the problem, and we're going to solve it. I'm
providing the technical know-how.

And don't tell me how to use local law enforcement or local political action
how to do it. I've spent 12 years of my life in local elective office at
the highest local levels. I don't need your unsolicited advice on how to
work the system.

Please, no more of this crap. Anybody with a source for doppler radars,
please post. Others, BUTT OUT.

Jim

Hi Jim,

I don't know if I'm going to be graciously asked to butt out, but what
do you expect to gain by an alarm that goes off when presumably some
pre-set speed is exceeded? I do know that when I was a teenager, I would
have viewed such a thing as an almost irresistible attractant.

If you want a radar-based device, get an old police radar gun, and
design an interface to a camera to photograph the licenses of the cars.
Perhaps the parents of these miscreants might enjoy seeing what their
larvae are doing with the family jitney!

Sorry about the dog. 8^(

- 73 de Mike KB3EIA -
Old January 8th 06, 03:49 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,sci.electronics.design
Mark

I saw a radar gun for sale at Radio Shack....

Mark