Old January 8th 06, 01:36 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
JE

Default NE602 replacement is NTE7164?

Anyone know if these NTE7164 is a drop in replacement for NE602?
What are other current IC's being used for mixers by homebrewers?

JE
Old January 8th 06, 03:10 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
xpyttl

NE602, NE612, SA602, SA612 all virtually identical. NE/SA are different
manufacturers, 602/612 are different test specs. Generally the 612s are a
little cheaper. Same basic specs just tested less extensively.

Old January 8th 06, 08:48 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Leon

Philips took over Signetics who made the NE602 etc. and renamed them
SA... They are the same chips, and are sill available.

Leon

Old January 8th 06, 08:14 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Mark Zenier

In article ,
xpyttl wrote:

"JE" wrote in message
Anyone know if these NTE7164 is a drop in replacement for NE602?
What are other current IC's being used for mixers by homebrewers?

NE602, NE612, SA602, SA612 all virtually identical. NE/SA are different
manufacturers,

No, NE and SA are both Philips prefixes, but different temperature
ratings. NE is the commercial range of 0 to +70 deg C, SA the
mil/industrial range of -40 to +85 deg C.

Old January 9th 06, 08:26 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
xpyttl

"Mark Zenier" wrote in message

No, NE and SA are both Philips prefixes, but different temperature
ratings. NE is the commercial range of 0 to +70 deg C, SA the
mil/industrial range of -40 to +85 deg C.

Since Phillips bought up Signetics, it makes sense they would keep the part
number. And it occurred to me that I have gotten NE602's long after the SA
parts appeared.

HOWEVER, Phillips lists no NE parts under their RF parts, nor as parts
"similar to" the SA602. Although it is certainly not exhaustive, all the
"NE" parts still in my parts drawer have Signetics logos (no 602's tho -
604/605/614/615 all my 602/612's are SA).

Old January 12th 06, 12:27 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Mark Zenier

In article ,
xpyttl wrote:
"Mark Zenier" wrote in message

No, NE and SA are both Philips prefixes, but different temperature
ratings. NE is the commercial range of 0 to +70 deg C, SA the
mil/industrial range of -40 to +85 deg C.

Since Phillips bought up Signetics, it makes sense they would keep the part
number. And it occurred to me that I have gotten NE602's long after the SA
parts appeared.

HOWEVER, Phillips lists no NE parts under their RF parts, nor as parts
"similar to" the SA602. Although it is certainly not exhaustive, all the
"NE" parts still in my parts drawer have Signetics logos (no 602's tho -
604/605/614/615 all my 602/612's are SA).

Er, Philips has owned Signetics since about 1976. (Along with Mullard
and about a half a dozen other regional names which they dropped sometime
in the late 80's). In the 1989 Signetics Linear:Communications databook,
the NE/SA parts are on the same datasheet.

All the demise of the NE602 number says is that Philips has selected
their parts catalog to those items that earn the most money. Since
a low integration part like the '602 would mostly be used in portable
radios or other legacy telcom applications, they probably weren't
selling too many of the narrow temp. range.

Mark Zenier

Old January 8th 06, 04:38 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Michael A. Terrell

JE wrote:

Anyone know if these NTE7164 is a drop in replacement for NE602?
What are other current IC's being used for mixers by homebrewers?

JE

Go to http://nte01.nteinc.com/webforms.nsf/qcsignin?openform to
download their semicondutor cross reference.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida