Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 9th 06, 09:02 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Joel Kolstad

Default Compensating frequency response of wideband amplifiers

Could someone point me in the direction of how you might go about flattening
the frequency response of a wideband amplifier MMIC? I'm looking at something
like the Watkin-Johnson ECG003 (http://www.wj.com/pdf/ECG003.pdf) and noticing
that the response drops a little over 2dB from 500MHz to 2.5GHz. Assuming
that I've got plenty of SNR, component count isn't a big deal, and I don't
mind tweaking trimmers, how might I go about flattening that respone to, say,
0.5dB or better across that range? Or is it just not very practical?

Thanks,
---Joel Kolstad