Old February 22nd 06, 12:36 AM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Mr Fed UP

Default FT-757 GXII alignment....

I had one of these and worked 10m DXCC in 90s... later had to sell it and
just now have a used one from ebay. I took apart the dial that was
stuck and repaired the optical tuner mechanism. Now I don't know
if I have a large SWR or if the rig is sick. It jumps freq' when the
RF output power is turned up.
I was hoping to see some more tips and helps but the thread seems to
have been taken over by some sand pile kids with no help other than
flaming any post.

Any ideas why the rig jumps freq? Restarting from scratch. No
Bird or Freq meters yet.

Odd this was run on homebrew LOL

Thanks 73 Gary K4TWO

"Samuel Hunt" wrote in message
Has anyone any info on servicing one of these?

The power control is out of alignment (about 3/4 of the way up it suddenly
jumps into TX at full power, with it being very sensitive to get any
control between full and no power).

Possibly a bias problem on the PA?

And the power meter needs re-aligning.

And the FM deviation is too high.

Can anyone point me towards the internal pots?

Thanks,

Sam
M1FJB

alignment?? JArthur CB 6 June 21st 05 03:07 PM
Knwd TS-830S Alignment Question/Problem (PLL/VFO) Bill Graham Equipment 6 December 19th 03 09:40 PM
Knwd TS-830S Alignment Question/Problem (PLL/VFO) Bill Graham Boatanchors 0 December 18th 03 08:07 PM
Knwd TS-830S Alignment Question/Problem (PLL/VFO) Bill Graham Equipment 0 December 18th 03 08:05 PM
HQ100 Alignment Procedure? DesignGuy Boatanchors 0 October 27th 03 02:21 PM