Old April 18th 06, 02:56 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,sci.electronics.repair
Silfax

Default The Perfect Gift: A Tool Box

On 2006-04-17, Fred McKenzie wrote:

A plastic or metal box such as the 13˛ plastic box from Walmart or the 14˛
plastic box from Lowes. The box should have a secure latch that wonąt
come open when picked up.

snip a bunch of good stuff

6" and 12" adjustable wench
12' tape measure (25' would be better)
mechanical pencil, extra leads and a small notepad

Old April 18th 06, 02:58 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,sci.electronics.repair
Silfax

On 2006-04-18, Silfax wrote:

6" and 12" adjustable wench

oops I meant wrench, although a flexible wench might not be a bad idea
either (but she should be bigger than 12 inches....)
Old April 19th 06, 10:01 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,sci.electronics.repair
dick on the langwang

I've kept a long, slim, scalpel (+ pack of spare blades) in my toolbox
for over 40yrs, wouldn't be without them. Can be used for cutting,
poking, as an improvised instrument probe and (if push comes to shove)
the final solution to that b****r of a problem ........ provided you
fit a new blade first !!

Old April 19th 06, 11:20 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,sci.electronics.repair
Highland Ham

dick on the langwang wrote:
I've kept a long, slim, scalpel (+ pack of spare blades) in my toolbox
for over 40yrs, wouldn't be without them. Can be used for cutting,
poking, as an improvised instrument probe and (if push comes to shove)
the final solution to that b****r of a problem ........ provided you
fit a new blade first !!

===========================
Talking tools , I consider different dental 'poking'utensils and
twizzers essential for dealing with circuit boards ,especially in the
homebrewing arena. I use these frequently.

Frank GM0CSZ / KN6WH

Old April 19th 06, 02:09 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,sci.electronics.repair
jakdedert

Highland Ham wrote:
dick on the langwang wrote:
I've kept a long, slim, scalpel (+ pack of spare blades) in my toolbox
for over 40yrs, wouldn't be without them. Can be used for cutting,
poking, as an improvised instrument probe and (if push comes to shove)
the final solution to that b****r of a problem ........ provided you
fit a new blade first !!

===========================
Talking tools , I consider different dental 'poking'utensils and
twizzers essential for dealing with circuit boards ,especially in the
homebrewing arena. I use these frequently.

Frank GM0CSZ / KN6WH

....and on medical instruments: a pair or two (or three) of locking
medical forceps are indispensable...rubber gloves are handy...syringes
are good for dispensing various compounds, especially glue.

Old April 19th 06, 02:59 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,sci.electronics.repair
Michael A. Terrell

dick on the langwang wrote:

I've kept a long, slim, scalpel (+ pack of spare blades) in my toolbox
for over 40yrs, wouldn't be without them. Can be used for cutting,
poking, as an improvised instrument probe and (if push comes to shove)
the final solution to that b****r of a problem ........ provided you
fit a new blade first !!

You can buy an Exacto knife a lot easier, and there are a lot of
different blades available.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

AB8MQ Home Page Not Lloyd Shortwave 20 November 8th 05 06:05 PM
AB8MQ Home Page Not Lloyd Policy 7 November 8th 05 02:54 PM
LLoyd Davies is a TOOL FELLATOR! [email protected] General 0 November 7th 05 08:40 PM
LLoyd Davies is a TOOL FELLATOR! [email protected] Shortwave 0 November 7th 05 08:40 PM
AB8MQ Home Page Not Lloyd General 4 November 7th 05 08:19 PM