Old May 4th 06, 10:04 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Leif Holmgren

Default MA110 specs?

Hello!

I have been searching for a datasheet for a diode called MA110 for a few
days without any luck. Dozens of dealers are offering to sell me
anything from 1000 to six hundred thousands of them but noone has any
kind of data sheet.

I need to replace a single burnt one so buying even 1000 would be quite
an overkill.

Does anyone know what's so special with this one? It's used in the
battery charger in a ICOM IC2-SET and as far as I can remember one of a
few of it's kind in that rig. Would you say it can be replaced with just
about any 1N4148 (or whatever it's surface mount variant is called) or
are there some special parameters that I need to look for?

/Leif

Old May 5th 06, 01:23 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Dave Platt

In article ,
Leif Holmgren wrote:

Hello!

I have been searching for a datasheet for a diode called MA110 for a few
days without any luck. Dozens of dealers are offering to sell me
anything from 1000 to six hundred thousands of them but noone has any
kind of data sheet.

I need to replace a single burnt one so buying even 1000 would be quite
an overkill.

Does anyone know what's so special with this one? It's used in the
battery charger in a ICOM IC2-SET and as far as I can remember one of a
few of it's kind in that rig. Would you say it can be replaced with just
about any 1N4148 (or whatever it's surface mount variant is called) or
are there some special parameters that I need to look for?

The data-sheet site I use (www.datasheetarchive.com) doesn't have a
sheet for this part, but indicates that possible substitutes are the
1SS332 and 1SS355. Both of these are "fast switching" diodes - the
former handles 40 volts reverse, the latter 80, and both seem to have
continuous/mean current limits of around 100 mA, with a reverse
recovery time of around 4 ns.

It looks to me as if a 1N4148 might be an acceptable substitute, as
these have similar or higher voltage and current limits, and an
equivalent reverse recovery time. I would not use a general-purpose
rectifier such as a 1N4002, as the slower recovery time of a
general-purpose PIN-structure rectifier might cause problems if the
circuit is actually switching at a high speed.

--
Dave Platt AE6EO
Old May 5th 06, 02:57 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Bob Headrick

"Dave Platt" wrote in message
In article ,
Leif Holmgren wrote:

I have been searching for a datasheet for a diode called MA110 for a
few
days without any luck. Dozens of dealers are offering to sell me
anything from 1000 to six hundred thousands of them but noone has any
kind of data sheet.

I need to replace a single burnt one so buying even 1000 would be
quite
an overkill.

Does anyone know what's so special with this one? It's used in the
battery charger in a ICOM IC2-SET and as far as I can remember one of
few of it's kind in that rig. Would you say it can be replaced with
just
about any 1N4148 (or whatever it's surface mount variant is called) or
are there some special parameters that I need to look for?

http://www.partstore.com/ModelDetail...odelID=9515 8
lists it as 40V, 3nS switching, 100mA. Cost $1.10 in single unit.
Google is your friend....

- Bob W7OV

Old May 25th 06, 04:42 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Dana H. Myers

Bob Headrick wrote:

"Dave Platt" wrote in message
In article ,
Leif Holmgren wrote:

I have been searching for a datasheet for a diode called MA110 for a few
days without any luck. Dozens of dealers are offering to sell me
anything from 1000 to six hundred thousands of them but noone has any
kind of data sheet.

I need to replace a single burnt one so buying even 1000 would be quite
an overkill.

Does anyone know what's so special with this one? It's used in the
battery charger in a ICOM IC2-SET and as far as I can remember one of a
few of it's kind in that rig. Would you say it can be replaced with just
about any 1N4148 (or whatever it's surface mount variant is called) or
are there some special parameters that I need to look for?

http://www.partstore.com/ModelDetail...odelID=9515 8
lists it as 40V, 3nS switching, 100mA. Cost $1.10 in single unit.
Google is your friend....

Sure sounds like a 1N4148 would be a suitable replacement.

http://www.semiconductors.philips.co...8_1N4448_5.pdf

Dana K6JQ

PA Tube Specs HELP!!!!!!!! Finn S. Mikkelsen Homebrew 16 March 27th 04 04:57 PM
PA Tube Specs HELP!!!!!!!! Finn S. Mikkelsen Equipment 0 March 26th 04 09:01 AM
Antenna Specs / Dimensions: Help Needed Chay Antenna 0 February 9th 04 07:16 PM
Kenwood TS-480 specs Martin Equipment 6 December 16th 03 02:05 AM
Kenwood TS-480 specs Martin Equipment 0 December 8th 03 01:31 AM