Old May 7th 06, 09:36 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
F4DRH

Default [QST] VHF amplifier push-pull 2c39

Hello all

I am looking for information about a VHF amplifier with 2 X 2C39 in
push-pull configuration (not in //).
Does anybody know a website? ... or have a schematic?

Thanks for your help

Jean-Marc
F4DRH
www.barbaxoops.com

Old May 7th 06, 09:52 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Ken Scharf

F4DRH wrote:
Hello all

I am looking for information about a VHF amplifier with 2 X 2C39 in
push-pull configuration (not in //).
Does anybody know a website? ... or have a schematic?

Thanks for your help

Jean-Marc
F4DRH
www.barbaxoops.com

The article you are looking for appeared in the Jan 1968 issue of QST
and was reprinted in the 1972 HB. Maybe somebody has the 1965-1969
set of QST view? I have a copy of the 1972 HB, but it is quite yellowed
and might not scan well. The schematic isn't going to do you much good
since this is mostly a 'plumbers' and 'metal-smithing' problem.
The article and the HB detail the cutting and bending of the metal
(probably copper or brass as this beast must be soldered together).
Also some springy finger stock is required to seal edges for rf and
to contact the tube surfaces. Teflon is used to insulate parts and
forms the dialectic for some capacitors. Mention is also made of
beryllium copper. Be careful there, this stuff is deadly!
Old May 7th 06, 09:54 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Ken Scharf

F4DRH wrote:
Hello all

I am looking for information about a VHF amplifier with 2 X 2C39 in
push-pull configuration (not in //).
Does anybody know a website? ... or have a schematic?

Thanks for your help

Jean-Marc
F4DRH
www.barbaxoops.com

oops. The article I mentioned was actually a PARALLEL
amplifier, your post mentioned push pull. The article
mentioned is for 1296mhz (not vhf) where these tubes
are usually used.