Old May 20th 06, 10:50 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
5itu

Default Transformer for PA

Hello,

I'm building the "FARA"amplifier (QST June 2003).
Unfortunately, I 'm not able to get the T-3/4 cores, so I wonder whether I
couldn't take two ferrite cores used to avoid the RFI made by the wiring of
computers ?
Obviously, I will try it but I would like to get some advices before...

73 Daniel

Old May 21st 06, 03:04 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
g. beat

"5itu" wrote in message
Hello,

I'm building the "FARA"amplifier (QST June 2003).
Unfortunately, I 'm not able to get the T-3/4 cores, so I wonder whether I
couldn't take two ferrite cores used to avoid the RFI made by the wiring
of computers ?
Obviously, I will try it but I would like to get some advices before...

73 Daniel

Dan -

Much of this information can be found on the FARA web site
http://www.falara.org/tektalk/tektalkfs.html

Updated parts list
http://www.falara.org/tektalk/hfpartslist.html

RF PARTS COMPANY has this specific part, they do export - but may have a
minimum order size.
(800)737-2787

You can also contact FARA directly -- if a club member has this part
available.

w9gb

Old May 21st 06, 03:32 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
g. beat

"g. beat " @spam protected wrote in message
. ..
"5itu" wrote in message
Hello,

I'm building the "FARA"amplifier (QST June 2003).
Unfortunately, I 'm not able to get the T-3/4 cores, so I wonder whether
I couldn't take two ferrite cores used to avoid the RFI made by the
wiring of computers ?
Obviously, I will try it but I would like to get some advices before...

73 Daniel

Dan -

Much of this information can be found on the FARA web site
http://www.falara.org/tektalk/tektalkfs.html

Updated parts list
http://www.falara.org/tektalk/hfpartslist.html

RF PARTS COMPANY has this specific part, they do export - but may have a
minimum order size.
(800)737-2787

Here is the RF Parts web site. They do have a $25 minimum order
http://www.rfparts.com/

Old May 21st 06, 04:21 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Ken Scharf

5itu wrote:
Hello,

I'm building the "FARA"amplifier (QST June 2003).
Unfortunately, I 'm not able to get the T-3/4 cores, so I wonder whether I
couldn't take two ferrite cores used to avoid the RFI made by the wiring of
computers ?
Obviously, I will try it but I would like to get some advices before...

73 Daniel

Usually, the ferrite cores used for RFI rejection are made of the
same stuff as those used in broadband power transformers so it
might work. However those cores are split in two for easy
application. Glue them together first with a good grade of epoxy
keeping the glue layer as thin as possible. The power handling
may not be as good as the real McCoy though.....
Old May 22nd 06, 05:25 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
5itu

HI,

Thanks a lot for your answers !

73, Daniel

The Shortwave Antenna used determines the type of Matching Transformer RHF Shortwave 13 May 14th 06 10:50 PM
"Receive Only" Shortwave Listening (SWL) Antenna - Think 9:1 Matching Transformer RHF Shortwave 0 April 10th 06 09:07 AM
HV transformer christine Homebrew 4 December 26th 05 11:18 AM
Hallicrafter S-40B Power Transformer Question Steven P. Burrows Boatanchors 4 April 21st 05 08:02 PM
Building a Matching Transformer for Shortwave Listener's Antenna using a Binocular Ferrite Core from a TV type Matching Transformer RHF Shortwave 13 November 3rd 04 08:34 PM