Old March 14th 05, 03:05 AM
mike maghakian

Default where does Radio-Mart get all his stuff from ?

every Sunday night I am amazed at all the stuff Radio Mart comes up with. as
a radio collector myself I can't come anywhere near the volume he buys. I
advertised I wanted an R-820 for my collection and all I got was a jerk who
bragged the last one he had went to Japan for $900. and when I try to buy
something real nice it seems that it gets bought 15 minutes after the
listing.
and Radio Mart comes up with several DOZEN items a week. takes me a YEAR to
get that amount of stuff. and usually when I buy something "mint" it has
missing parts or hidden damage.
any one have any idea how he comes up with all this stuff. it is not all off
ebay, ebay as a source is only a percentage of his listings ?????

Old March 14th 05, 03:42 AM
Michael Lawson

"mike maghakian" wrote in message
[...]

Heh, I wonder the same thing, since I've been scouring the
local classifieds for estate sales and whatnot, and that
can quickly turn into a full time job.

I wonder if he's going to bring some of his stuff up to
the Hamvention in May.

--Mike L.

Old March 15th 05, 03:14 AM
Conan Ford

Probably thrift stores and pawn shops. I got a Superadio II for $7 at
"Cash Convertors," a sort of second hand store but they don't do loans like
a pawn shop, and also a TRC-434 CB base station, which I bought for $30
Canadian and which went for $47 US (about $25 profit in Canadian $$). If
you were willing to pay an employee at such stores a % for leads, you could
probably make a buiness out of it.
Old March 15th 05, 03:56 AM

In 1996,I bought a Radio Shack Pro-91 150 channel hand held scanner at
the EazyPawn pawn shop across the Pearl River,East of Jackson in
Pearl,Mississippi.I paid $75.00 plus Mississippi RIPP OFF! sales taxes
(seven cents on the dollar) and it works just as good as brand spanking
new.I have the manual for it too.I want to find out how to program it
for "many other" channels,if that is possible.I also own a Radio Shack
Pro-33 16 channel hand held scanner that I bought at another pawn
shop.Anybody have a Radio Shack Pro-51 (I think it's Pro-51) you want to
sell,does it work real good,price?
cuhulin

Old March 15th 05, 06:44 PM
MnMikew

wrote in message
In 1996,I bought a Radio Shack Pro-91 150 channel hand held scanner at
the EazyPawn pawn shop across the Pearl River,East of Jackson in
Pearl,Mississippi.I paid $75.00 plus Mississippi RIPP OFF! sales taxes
(seven cents on the dollar) and it works just as good as brand spanking
new.I have the manual for it too.I want to find out how to program it
for "many other" channels,if that is possible.I also own a Radio Shack
Pro-33 16 channel hand held scanner that I bought at another pawn
shop.Anybody have a Radio Shack Pro-51 (I think it's Pro-51) you want to
sell,does it work real good,price?
cuhulin

There's usually quite a few Pro-51s on ebay for about $60. The pre 7A4 date
code models go for a bit more around 80-100.