Old July 12th 06, 11:54 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Default Low cost SMD Oven for making SMD samples and Prototypes

This SMD Oven Controller (SMDOC-01) is designed to use with a toaster
oven. It provide a low cost solution for making SMD prototypes and
samples. The temperature profile is similar to the expensive industrial
SMD oven provided. So, the sample quality is as good as the industrial
oven can do. It is capable for packages including 0402, BGA, QFP, SOP,
SSOP, TSSOP, SOT, etc. It is an indispensable tool for R&D and making
samples. It is very suitable for electronic companies, laboratories,
universities and hobbyists. SMD Oven Controller (SMDOC-01) is only
US$206, including oven (PCB size is large up to 19 x 17cm) is US$283.
Voltage 220V, 8A fused.

Features:
1.Small, low price, performance comparable to expensive industrial SMD
oven.
2.Capable for any SMD packages. An indispensable tool for R&D, sample
making and small batch production.
3.No hand soldering. No painful. No difficult. Save time.
4.Connectable to PC via RS232 for profile setup and temperature
monitor. It can also operate independently without PC.
5.Simple to use. LEDs indication for each stage of pre-heat, soak,
reflow and cooling. Alarm and power cut off after finished.

Product information : http://www.auto-system.com
Please send me email : for any inquiry or order.

Old July 12th 06, 12:26 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

There's a much simpler and cheaper solution for experimenter 'one- off'
board soldering. Just solder all the part leads to the board without
worrying about solder bridging. After you're done, come back and wick off
all the excess solder with solder-wick. This will remove all solder
bridging, but will leave a good strong solder joint between the part leads
and the board pads. Of course it only works on parts with exposed leads, not
BGA's etc.

Joe
W3JDR

ups.com...

Old July 13th 06, 04:34 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

"erica" wrote in message
ups.com...
Voltage 220V, 8A fused.

^^^^^^^^^^^^ This is something of a show-stopper for those of us in the
US...

Old July 13th 06, 10:54 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Voltage 220V, 8A fused.

^^^^^^^^^^^^ This is something of a show-stopper for those of us in the
US...

=======================
With 117 V being the normal nominal domestic voltage , I believe many
premises in the US have nominal 234 V outlets as well , hence 220V
wouldn't be a problem.........let alone be a 'show stopper'

Frank GM0CSZ / KN6WH
Old July 13th 06, 11:02 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Rex Rex is offline

On Thu, 13 Jul 2006 10:54:21 +0100, Highland Ham
wrote:

Voltage 220V, 8A fused.

^^^^^^^^^^^^ This is something of a show-stopper for those of us in the
US...

=======================
With 117 V being the normal nominal domestic voltage , I believe many
premises in the US have nominal 234 V outlets as well , hence 220V
wouldn't be a problem.........let alone be a 'show stopper'

Frank GM0CSZ / KN6WH

The normal US home has two sockets that provide 220 V -- one for a
kitchen range and one for a clothes dryer. Both are big (like 30+ amp)
connectors. So, yes, it is a problem.

Old July 13th 06, 11:06 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Not true at all!

220V outlets are very rare in residences - no need for them as 220V is only
used for very high power equipment. The exceptions would be central air
conditioners, electric stoves, electric water heaters, but these are
typically hard-wired in a junction box. Run-of-the-mill appliances using up
to about 20 amps are usually run on 110VAC

Joe
W3JDR

Old July 13th 06, 11:25 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

220V outlets are very rare in residences - no need for them as 220V is only
used for very high power equipment. The exceptions would be central air
conditioners, electric stoves, electric water heaters, but these are
typically hard-wired in a junction box. Run-of-the-mill appliances using up
to about 20 amps are usually run on 110VAC

====================================
Does the above mean that radio hams with a 1500 W RF (legal limit) power
Amplifier will need an additional dedicated 220-234 V outlet in their
shack ? Or would such an outlet be available anyway in relatively new
houses ,built after say 199x ?
Just 2 questions .

Frank GM0CSZ / KN6WH

Old July 13th 06, 04:41 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

"Highland Ham" wrote in message
Voltage 220V, 8A fused.

^^^^^^^^^^^^ This is something of a show-stopper for those of us in the
US...

=======================
With 117 V being the normal nominal domestic voltage , I believe many
premises in the US have nominal 234 V outlets as well , hence 220V wouldn't
be a problem.........let alone be a 'show stopper'

OK, I should have written it's a show-stopper for *many* people in the US.
:-)

Old July 13th 06, 11:04 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

"Joel Kolstad" wrote in message
"erica" wrote in message
ups.com...
Voltage 220V, 8A fused.

^^^^^^^^^^^^ This is something of a show-stopper for those of us in the
US...

ALL us homes have 220 brought to the fuse / breaker box. It is a 220 volt,
center tapped transformer on the pole and all three lines are brought to the
breaker box. . Each half of this winding supplies the 120, 110, 117,
whatever you choose to call it. Half of the circuits in your home come from
one of the winding ends (phase) and the center tap is connected to the
common; the other half come from the other "phase".. Therefore you have
two phases of 120 and they are 180 degrees apart. Some call it single
phase, I think it should be called two phase...cuz it is. (:-)

If you really need to get 220 quickly and easily [ and do not draw more than
than the 15 or 20 amps of your brealers] you can find two outlets on the
two phases and get one half of the 220 from each.
I did this for a visiting relative from Germany so he could run his electric
shaver. It is still the talk of the relatives...
Since I built my house and did the wiring with Dad's help, I kept a drawing
of all the circuits, I knew that I already had two phases in the guest room.
A couple of cheap extension cords was all it took, with one blade of a
"three prong adaprer" inserted into each hot side of each extension. Guest
220 in 5 minutes!

I'd feel ok drawing 8A this way, but you shouldn't try this at home...I'm a
professional. (:-)

Linears should have either
1- both 110 and 220 internal wiring options, or
2- just 220

But 120 is is a real stretch.

73, Steve, K9DCI