Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 25th 06, 06:32 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Default Biasing of Dual Gate Fets

Hi,

Pretty fundamental I know but can someone please explain the steps for
setting up bias for a Dual Gate MOSFET.

I know I could place a pot on the gate and source for each circuit and
play with values but I would like a method that enables me to calculate
the values.

The main issue is how to determine values for Rs and Gate 2 Voltage.

I am using BF998 and want to have a "play" at 5V and 8V supply.

The formulae for Id is Id = Idss(1-Vgs/Vp) ^ 2
But Idss is stated as 2-18mA
Vp Gate 1 is given as a range from 1-2V
Vp gate 2 is given as range from 0.5 to 1.5V

If I apply say 4V to G1 and 0V to G2, how do I calculate the voltage at
the source to determine Vgs ?

Any help much appreciated.

Regards

David