Old December 9th 08, 03:34 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx,rec.radio.info

Default MMMonVHF Newsletter 2008-12-09

Hallo dear MMMonVHF friends,

please find below our latest NEWSLETTER of the VHF-DX-Portal
"Make More Miles on VHF" (www.MMMonVHF.de) dated 2008-12-09
These time we have a special listing for the GEMINIDS as well...
We attempt to distribute our Newletter one or two times per week.
For further detail please be so kind and refer at our "News"-page:
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php - welcome and enjoy...

Latest DXPEDITION and EVENT NEWS - Please do use:
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php
and use the FILTER for your personal wishes!

Ian, G0AFH, will be qrv from IO62 on 144 MHz (as well MS and maybe
EME) and on 3 cm band with the call EI4VXV. We will be active from
IO62 (Baginbun Head) on 2m and 3cm between 21 Dec 08 and 2 Jan 09
with the call EI4VXV. Equipment for 2m will be 400W and 17 element
yagi. Further details: http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php?id=2121
and DXBlog: http://www.mmmonvhf.de/showblog.php?ca=EI4VXV
SOURCE: tnx Ian G0AFH direct to MMMonVHF

***

PA6FUN qrv from Schiermonnikoog (JO33BL) the smalest from a series
of 5 islands in the northern Dutch island group called the "Wadden
Eilanden". The Population is only 965 native inhabitants and a surface
of 40 square km. Aim wil be to work as much stations durring this period
Activating the island for dx. QRV meteorscatter during Quadrantids!
SOURCE: tnx Ray, PE1GUR direct to MMMonVHF

***

Last 2m activity in 2008 by JM1WBB (QM05)
Dear friends, I'll be QRV 2m from Dec. 13th moonrise to 15th moonset
(UTC). This will be last activity on 2m EME from QM05 in 2008. Welcome
small setup stations as single Yagi and 100W class and JA's 50W station
who has 2 Yagis. I have four by 2MXP32, mast mounted preamps, 2 x GU74b
HPA and IC-910D. I look forward to meet with many stations via moon.
BTW, 8J1AXA is going to be on the air on 432MHz EME from 18m commercial
dish in Katsuura city by JH1KRC and KDES group in this weekend. katsuura
is same GL with my EME shack :-) 73 Isao / JM1WBB
SOURCE: Isao, JM1WBB direct to MMMonVHF and MoonNet

***

If all goes well, I will stick a two metre yagi (ZS2U design) into
the air from KF36nm (also known as Fish River Mouth) from Saturday
13 December to probably Saturday 20 December. So hopefully I can
work a few guys on 144.400 FM as ZS4BS/2 (maybe I should sign 7P8DG
and confuse them a bit!). Greetings Dennis, ZS4BS
SOURCE: Dennis ZS4BS via ZS-VHF-Reflector

***

SOTA-News - Upcoming Activations updated at our MMMonVHF page
as long these including VHF or U/SHF-Activity. A complete over-
view about all SOTA-Activities are on: www.sotawatch.org/alerts.php
SOURCE: tnx Summits On The Air (via SOTAwatch2 (beta) Page)

GEMINIDS SPECIAL 2008 - Please do use:
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/ms.php
and have a lot of fun within the shower time!

One of the major meteor showers of the year, the Geminids, dominates
December’s meteor scene. Geminids meteor rates are rather high (ZHR
around 120 hr -1) and regular year by year. Geminids maximum for 2008
is predicetd by IMO on December 13, on 23 UT. Lot of MS activity is
expected in 144 MHz band, due to concomitant BCC-MS contest.

For having your antennas always to the best direction we do recommened
to use "VIRGO" a Real Time Meteor Sky View by Sabine, DL1DBC, a small
Java Applet at the webpage: http://www.dl1dbc.net/Meteorscatter/

For all without these possibilities here a short "best QTF-Overview":
N/S: 04-07 & 20-23UT NE/SW: 05-08 & 21-00UT SE/NW: 03-06 & 19-22UT
E/W: 00-02 UT (worst direction of the shower - vy high Radiant!)

The Shower is down horizont 10 to 17 UT! For short distance, back- or
sidescatter tests beam to the Radiant around 00 to 02 UT, its the time
the radiant is very high in elevation (70°)

SOURCE: The MMMonVHF Team

***

Attention al JT6M fans !! Please don't forget that the JT6M.org 6M
JT6M Geminids Challenge starts on 10 December. Full details can be
found he http://www.jt6m.org/jt6m-challenge.php. Also there will
be a 6M JT6M Challenge for 2009 - preliminary details can be found
he http://www.jt6m.org/news.php Good luck to all, 73's
SOURCE: Kev G0CHE via UKSMG Announce

***

The following overview shall be an overview for the up coming
BCC MS-Contest from 11.12. 20 UTC until 15.12. 02 UTC - all details:
http://www.bdxg.de/index.html . With these short table we will try
to spread in short time the info "who will be "were" qrv and use
"which" qrg during the contest at: http://www.mmmonvhf.de/ms.php
During the shower we will refresh the table and the MAP as sson as
possible! We got the following infos up to now:

IO55 EI/ON5GS 144.370 144.384
Dirk, ON5GS, will be qrv from EI with 4x 4el 7ZB antennas and 200W.
QRG will be 144.384MHz in first period.

JM48 IS0/IT9VDQ 144.370 144.xxx
Gius, IT9VDQ, will be first time qrv from SARDINIA Island in these
BCC MS-Contest at JM48LW

JN25 F6BEG 144.370 144.xxx
Gerard, F6BEG, will try to be on from JN25 in the GEMINIDS

JN33 F/LA0BY/p 144.370 144.xxx
F/LA0BY/p activity in BCC MS Contest 2008 from JN33LN (13./14.12.)

JN45 IW2HAJ 144.370 144.xxx
Claudio IW2HAJ send info he will be qrv in BCC from JN45

JN48 DK5EW 144.370 144.xxx
MMMonVHF Team-Member Erwin, DK5EW, will try to be on as much as
possible with new antennas from JN48MB.

JN58 DL7HR 144.370 144.xxx
After a long time of MS abstinenz, Berndt, DL7HR, will be active
during Geminids from JN58PF

JN66 IQ3AZ/p 144.370 144.xxx
A group of IV3-operators will be active in MS from JN66 square
during Geminids shower, taking part in BCC-MS Contest.

JN75 S51AT 144.370 144.xxx
JN75 will be aired in GEMINIDS from Boris, S51AT, but maybe no
contest these year...

JN97 HA5CRX 144.370 144.xxx
MMMonVHF Team-Member Jani, HA5CRX, will be active during GEMINIDS
and looking specialy for HSCW Skeds

JO00 G1KAW/p 144.370 144.xxx
Kevin, G1KAW, will hope to be qrv from JO00 during geminids and
definetly for the quadrantids.

JO20 PA4EME 144.370 144.xxx
MMMonVHF Team-Member Frank, PA4EME, will be qrv during these years
BCC MS-Contest

JO23 PE1DAB 144.370 144.xxx
Fred, PE1DAB, will be back on MS after long time from JO23RD in
the GEMINIDS

JO31 DR5O 144.370 144.350
MMMonVHF Team-Member Guy, DL8EBW, will be active as DR5O during
nights with 2x 12el M2 750W and spreading points...

JO43 DJ9YE 144.370 144.343
Klaus, DJ9YE, will be qrv in BCC from JO43 as much as possible

JO44 OZ1LPR 144.370 144.xxx
MMMonVHF Team-Member Peter, OZ1LPR, will be active and spreading
points...

JO50 DL0HOF 144.370 144.xxx
The group of DL0HOF (OPs DD2SR, DL2GX and DL9NDW) will be qrv
during these years BCC MS-Contest

JP33 LA4XGA 144.370 144.xxx
Geir, LA4XGA, will try to be on from JP33VC in the GEMINIDS

KM07 SV8CS 144.370 144.xxx
Spiros, SV8CS, will be qrv from Zakynthos in KM07 during the
BCC MS-Contest.

KN22 LZ9X 144.370 144.xxx
The group LZ9X will take part in MS from KN22 square during
Geminids shower, in the BCC MS-Contest.

KN38 US2YW 144.370 144.xxx
Slava, US2YW, did inform us that he plans field operation from
KN38AL during BCC MS-Contest

KO06 YL2GJW 144.370 144.xxx
Ivo, YL2GJW, will be qrv 30km from east of Liepaja at KO06RM
(TS2000x, TE-1452g(400W), 2xEF208 (vert stack), 9el Yagi for
additional rx)

KO13 SP7VC/8 144.370 144.355
Mek, SP7VC, would like to inform you about his next VHF activity
as sp7vc/8 from KO13NC

KO48 RZ1AWT 144.370 144.xxx
Alex, RU1AA and Alexey, RU1AC will be QRV during the BCC
MS-Contest as RZ1AWT from KO48VR.

KO61 UT8AL 144.370 144.xxx
Alex, UT8AL will be active in BCC MS Contest 2008 from KO61WP

If you wants to spread your info during the GEMINIDS or BCC
MS-Contest you are as well very welcome. Pass us a short info
via http://www.mmmonvhf.de/kontact.php
and we will set your info to these listing - have fun!

************************************************** *************************
The VHF-DX-Portal MMMonVHF - Newsletter Credits & Info
************************************************** *************************

Our Newsletter is compiled from the input of the USER of the VHF-DX-Portal
MMMonVHF as well by a lot of free usable HF-V-U-SHF-Info-Sources and chats
like ON4KST-, N0UK-, RU-VHF-DX-Net, EA-V-U-SHF-Chat and others...

*** Many thanks to all USER who send us info and news ***

Wherever we found the info we always indicate the source of the info.
If you get knowledge of an expedition, which is NOT listed at our
VHF-DX-Portal MMMonVHF or if you have additional info for an expedition,
PLEASE be so kind and send us this info at
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/newsuser.php or http://www.mmmonvhf.de/kontact.php

The MMMonVHF-Team is always trying to spread any expedition info as much
up-to-date and reliable as possible and as long as the info does not
violate with our MMMonVHF-Policy.

Have a lot of fun and enjoy MMMonVHF!

73 de Guido "Guy" DL8EBW
on behalf of the MMMonVHF-Team
(DG2KBC DK3XT DK5EW DK5YA HA5CRX IV3NDC OZ1LPR PA2DW PA3BIY & PA4EME)