Old December 26th 08, 08:02 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx,rec.radio.info

Default MMMonVHF Newsletter 2008-12-26

Hallo dear MMMonVHF friends,

please find below our latest NEWSLETTER of the VHF-DX-Portal
"Make More Miles on VHF" (www.MMMonVHF.de) dated 2008-12-26
We attempt to distribute our Newletter one or two times per week.
For further detail please be so kind and refer at our "News"-page:
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php - welcome and enjoy...

Latest NEWS/INFO for the NEWSLETTER
MMMonVHF The VHF-DX-Portal

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!
The Team of MMMonVHF would like to thank you for the last years fb
assistance. YOU (the user of MMMonVHF) did gave us a lot of input
and activity reports and we do hope as well next year you will provide
us again with lot of DX News, Opening reports and update to the via
the different MMMonVHF Tools... We wish you and your families and
friends a very nice start into the next year 2009. All your wishes
shall be coming true... ALL THE BEST - CUAGN IN GD CONDX 2009
73 Guy, DL8EBW on behalf of the Team of the VHF-DX-Portal MMMonVHF!

***

TROPO openings end of december 2008
Maybe you have seen there was some good ductings from mid europe
EA and south F during the past days. Distances up to 1500km are
done... If you do see some good openings, please do send in your
info as well: Please do go to http://www.mmmonvhf.de/ LOGIN
(right above corner) than use PROPAGATION and click TR (for TROPO)
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/tr.php You be now able to share your LOG
with all people! USE : SEND YOUR REPORT and fill in as requested!
Of course you be able to pass us your Log as well by mail...
SOURCE: The Team of MMMonVHF

***

I just looked at Derwin King's (W5LUU) Moondata Update 2009 in
Fall 2008 issue of /CQ VHF /magazine. During 2009 & 2010, _EME
conditions will be the most favorable of a 9 year cycle_.
During 2009, 10 weekends are rated as Good to Excellent!
On 2m, degradation will be as low as 0.07 & 0.08dB on a couple
of days. I remember how wonderful conditions were during the last
peak 9 yrs ago. 2m & 70cm should be especially affected by this
low degradation. SOURCE: Bob, K6PF via MoonNet

***

The head of the DARC wants to invite you to the Februar-QSO-Party
at 1st february 2009. Details for these contest will be found at
the webpage http://www.qso-party.de/ (in german language).
Date: sunday, 1st Febr. 0700 UTC to 1600 UTC

Bands: 3,5 - 440 MHz in CW, SSB, FM digital (prefered PSK31)
SOURCE: CQ DL 1-2009 page 5

***

Contest Romagna 50 MHz & 144 Mhz 2009
50 mhz: satuday 3 january 2009 start 09.00 utc - stop 16.00utc
tx 59-001-locator - qsl manager i4cil via email
144mhz: sunday 4 january 2009 start 08.00 utc - stop 15.00utc
tx 59-001-locator - qsl manager via email

SOURCE: tnx to Max, IZ4DPV, direct to MMMonVHF

Latest DXPEDITION and EVENT NEWS - Please do use:
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php
and use the FILTER for your personal wishes!

LATEST UPDATES about the VHF DXpedition to NAMIBIA (JG73NI) in
January 2009, dated 2008-12-25: All preparations are on schedule!
Current plans are to complete packing on 04 January and depart on
05 January with the trip to Luderitz (1600km by car towing a
trailer) anticipated to take two days of travel followed by another
day to assemble the station for operation. Look for us starting
moonrise of January 7th. We expect to start disassembling the
station around the 15th and arrive back in Pretoria on the 18th.
Unfortunately we could not get a special callsign for our DXpedition.
Therefore we will be using HB9CRQ Dan's US-call (to keep the call
short). Our call for all EME operation will be V5/KT6Q. QSL for
EME please to HB9Q, Box 133, CH-5737 Menziken, Switzerland.
Much more in detail: http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php?id=2027
SOURCE: tnx to Dan, HB9CRQ direct to MMMonVHF

***

Ian, G0AFH, will be qrv from IO62 on 144 MHz (as well MS and maybe
EME) and on 3 cm band with the call EI4VXV - LATEST NEWS from his
DXBlog: http://www.mmmonvhf.de/showblog.php?ca=EI4VXV:
Finally QRV. I have flu and no voice but antenna up and seems to
be wkg ok. Read more at: http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php?id=2121
SOURCE: tnx to Ian, G0AFH now EI4VXV, direct to MMMonVHF

***

Rolf, DK2ZF, will be qrv at the change of the year from JO45CR as
OZ/DK2ZF. He is trying to be qrv on 50 MHz and 144 MHz Tropo and
Meteorscatter with 6 ele and BEKO-PA (at 144 MHz) and 100W 5 ele
Tonna (50 MHz). SOURCE: tnx to Rolf, DK2ZF, direct to MMMonVHF

***

G1KAW/p qrv in Quadrantis on 50 and 144 MHz Tropo and Meteorscatter
Just to let you know i will be qrv from jo00ew again from jan 1 to
jan 5, 2009 for 144 /50 ms tropo using wsjt ssb
SOURCE: tnx to Kevin, G1KAW, direct to MMMonVHF

***

Frank, DL8YHR, will be qrv during the change of the Year at JO45GC
as OZ/DL8YHR. Holiday Trip over new year... RIG will be a single
9 element M2 Yagi and 200w. Be qrv in TROPO (SSB) and MS (FSK441a)
SOURCE: tnx to Frank, DL8YHR, direct to MMMonVHF

***

Gius, IT9VDQ, will be back as IS0/IT9VDQ from JM48 in Quadrantids
Shower. Merry Xtmas, living Sardinia to Sicily; back in IS0 to be
qrv for Quadrantids shower, JM48LW - Happy new 2009!
SOURCE: Gius, IT9VDQ at KST-Chat

***

The callsign DL50DRAX is issued in memory of the German Naval Sail
trainingship "Gorch Fock". In August 23rd 1958 the ship were
launched in Hamburg Dockyard Blohm & Voss and is still in service
for the German Navy. The suffix "DRAX" of the callsign DL50DRAX
indicates the international callsign of the sailtraining ship.
It was aired on 144 MHz at 21nd dec. from JN58TD (see DXC)
SOURCE: QRZ.COM

***

LU7DZ (Eduardo) QRV on 432.075 calling CQ JT65B. I improve may RX,
so i will like to try again on 70 cm band. January 03 QRV at 1800
to 2100 (UTC) with 4 X 22 elem 1 KW GS 23B 73 LU7DZ
SOURCE: Guillermo, LU7FIA via MoonNet

***

PALESTINE on AIR - E 4 4 M - LATEST NEWS by Max, IZ4DPV, dated
2008-12-25: The next dx pedition in e44m possible activity in 50mhz
and 2mt. please look the site: http://www.dxcoffee.com/e44m
tnx for look 73 iz4dpv max
SOURCE: tnx to Max, IZ4DPV, direct to MMMonVHF

***

Yuri, UT1FG, is back /maritime mobile since november 2008
He is very interested in 50 MHz and 144 MHz and as well SAT QSOs.
He was seen in the area LU, PY in southamerica past weeks...
PP2RON-@ 50110.0 UT1FG/MM Yuri HH39GH53 57 QSB 1826 21 Dec
SOURCE: tnx to Andy, Neon, N8OFS and his GOT6-News

***

The next event is CG3OIJ in Jan/Feb to celebrate the International
Year of Astronomy. CG3OIJ(VE3) will be active from JAN01 until FEB28
2009. OP VE3OIJ(DARIN) and GRID: FN25EJ http://squidzone.ca/ve3oij
SOURCE: tnx to Andy, Neon, N8OFS and his GOT6-News

***

SOTA-News - Upcoming Activations updated at our MMMonVHF page
as long these including VHF or U/SHF-Activity. A complete over-
view about all SOTA-Activities are on: www.sotawatch.org/alerts.php
SOURCE: tnx Summits On The Air (via SOTAwatch2 (beta) Page)

************************************************** *************************
The VHF-DX-Portal MMMonVHF - Newsletter Credits & Info
************************************************** *************************

Our Newsletter is compiled from the input of the USER of the VHF-DX-Portal
MMMonVHF as well by a lot of free usable HF-V-U-SHF-Info-Sources and chats
like ON4KST-, N0UK-, RU-VHF-DX-Net, EA-V-U-SHF-Chat and others...

*** Many thanks to all USER who send us info and news ***

Wherever we found the info we always indicate the source of the info.
If you get knowledge of an expedition, which is NOT listed at our
VHF-DX-Portal MMMonVHF or if you have additional info for an expedition,
PLEASE be so kind and send us this info at
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/newsuser.php or http://www.mmmonvhf.de/kontact.php

The MMMonVHF-Team is always trying to spread any expedition info as much
up-to-date and reliable as possible and as long as the info does not
violate with our MMMonVHF-Policy.

Have a lot of fun and enjoy MMMonVHF!

73 de Guido "Guy" DL8EBW
on behalf of the MMMonVHF-Team
(DG2KBC DK3XT DK5EW DK5YA HA5CRX IV3NDC OZ1LPR PA2DW PA3BIY & PA4EME)