Old April 16th 16, 01:00 AM posted to rec.radio.broadcasting,rec.radio.info

Default RadioInsight for Friday 15 April 2016

RadioInsight

Jagger Show Out; Atom Smasher In Mornings At KDGE Dallas

https://radioinsight.com/blog/headli...t-kdge-dallas/

iHeartMedia Alternative 102.1 The Edge KDGE Dallas has cut The Jagger Show
from mornings. Atom Smasher, most recently at CBS Hot AC Mix 96.5 KHMX
Houston will take the morning slot on KDGE starting Monday, May 2. Smasher
previously worked in the Dallas market at iHeart CHR 106.1 Kiss-FM KHKS
from 2006 through 2008. Additional co-hosts will be announced soon. The
Jagger Show was in its second incarnation in mornings at KDGE after
previously leading the stations lineup from 1998 until 2006. Following a
stint at CBS Hot Talk 105.3 KLLI and Sports 105.3 The Fan KRLD-FM, Jagger
returned to iHeart to co-host mornings on Hot AC Now 102.9 KDMX from May
2012 until the end of 2013 when he moved back to KDGE. Jagger also served
as APD/MD at KDGE. 102.1 The Edge KDGE-FM announced today that long time
Texan radio host Atom Smasher will take over mornings on 102.1 The Edge
with The Atom Smasher Show, beginning Monday, May 2, 2016. The Atom Smasher
Show will feature host Atom Smasher weekday mornings on 102.1 The Edge from
6-10:00 a.m. Additional co-hosts will be announced soon. “I’m so excited to
have Atom join the EDGE team,” said Jay Shannon, Program Director for
KDGE-FM. “Atom has a winning track record, including his time here in
Dallas, and will be a big part of improving KDGE’s market position. He’s
creative, extremely entertaining and has an exceptional work ethic. I look
forward to seeing Atom’s energy on the station! Ive wanted to make the move
to rock radio for some time,” said Smasher. “This opportunity is huge and
Im really ready to get going on the Edge and do what I love to do. “We are
thrilled to add Atom to the Edge lineup,” says Patrick Davis, Senior Vice
President of Programming. “This will be a big win for the loyal Edge fans
and the Dallas / Ft. Worth metroplex!” Atom began his career in Baton Rouge
and New Orleans before making the big jump to KRBE Houston in 1998 where he
spent 8 years hosting nights, afternoons and eventually mornings. He then
did a 2 year stint at KHKS Dallas, 5 years at WSTO Evansville, IN, and most
recently 18 months at KHMX Houston.

iHeart Launches Two Bulls In Augusta

https://radioinsight.com/blog/headli...ls-in-augusta/

iHeartMedia has rebranded Country G105.7 WSCG Augusta GA as 105.7 The Bull
WLUB. Concurrently the company has launched 106.3 W292EE Augusta-Richmond
County/WLUB-HD2 as Classic Country 106.3 The Bull Icons. The Bull brand was
previously utilized by iHeart in the Augusta market on 105.7 as WIBL from
2004 through 2007 and then on 102.3 until 2010. No programming changes
accompanied the rebranding of WSCG to WLUB. iHeartMedia/Augusta announced
today the return of the iconic Bull to the market. 105.7 the Bull will
program the hottest Country hits including the newest tracks from artists
such as Luke Bryan, Jason Aldean, Blake Shelton, Carrie Underwood, Sam Hunt
and Florida Georgia Line. Meanwhile, 106.3 Bull Icons, The Country that
made Augusta Great, will offer the CSRA classic country favorites like
George Strait, Alan Jackson, Reba, Alabama and Garth Brooks. Were excited
to have the iconic Bull brand return to Augusta giving country fans two
great choices with the best new country on 105.7 The Bull and all of your
past favorites and classics on Bull Icons at 106.3, said Brian Michel,
Region Senior Vice President of Programming, iHeartMedia Augusta. We are
very excited to expand our footprint within the Country format. We look
forward to providing the best content for our listeners, and delivering the
best results for our valued partners, said Ivy Elam, Market President,
iHeartMedia Augusta.

Spin Radio Expands To Lehigh Valley

https://radioinsight.com/blog/headli...lehigh-valley/

Connoisseur Media Alternative Spin Radio 107.1 WWYY Belvidere
NJ/Stroudsburg PA is now simulcasting on 94.7 W234AX Allentown/99.9
WODE-HD2 Easton PA to better reach the Lehigh Valley market. W234AX had
been rebroadcasting sister Classic Rock 99.9 The Hawk WODE Easton. The
10w/205m signal covers Allentown and Bethlehem. The 107.1 signal registered
a 1.4 share in the Fall 2015 Nielsen Audio ratings.

Station Sales Week Of 4/15

https://radioinsight.com/blog/headli...s-week-of-415/

Station Sales Guy Giulianos DSN Radio purchases 97.9 KLTQ Beulah ND from
Synergy Broadcast Group for $70,000. Giuliano began operating KLTQ via LMA
in March and has flipped the station to a simulcast of Sports 1410 KDKT
Beulah. Torey Doucettes One Point Media acquires Brokered 1340 KOLE Port
Arthur TX from Birach Broadcasting for $400,000. North Texas Radio Group
purchases the CP for 98.9 in Crowell TX from Charles Crawford for $6,000.
Cornerstone Church of Wheeler transfers 92.9 KSNZ Shamrock TX to Gary Ware
and James Turvavilles Route 66 Media for $136,000. The purchase price
includes the forgiveness of $52,000 in debt owed to the buyers and $84,000
in programming made up of daily commercial inventory and weekend long-form
programming. Translator Sales