Old June 17th 16, 11:35 PM posted to rec.radio.broadcasting,rec.radio.info

Default RadioInsight for Friday 17 June 2016

RadioInsight

Daily Domains 6/17: Salem To Bring An Answer To San Francisco

https://radioinsight.com/blog/headli...san-francisco/

Salem Media looks to be on the verge of adding a third station in San
Francisco to house their Answer Conservative Talk brand. Also translator
domains in Augusta ME and Evansville plus a major TV personality heading to
podcasting.
This content is for Premium Annual and Premium Monthly members only. Visit
the site and log in/register to read.

AURN Launches Doug Banks Replacement "Afternoon Rush"

https://radioinsight.com/blog/headli...fternoon-rush/

Following the passing of Doug Banks in April, American Urban Radio Networks
will debut The Afternoon Rush with Rudy Rush, Ebony Steele and Loni Swain
on Monday, June 20.

Rudy Rush was a co-host on Banks show from 2005-2013 and is currently
hosting afternoons at iHeartMedia Urban 93.7 The Beat KQBT Houston. The
comedian also previously hosted Its Showtime At The Apollo. He will be
joined by Ebony Steele, who previously was a co-host on The Rickey Smiley
Morning Show and former 107.5 WGCI Chicago middayer Loni Swain who will
also serve as producer.

Mike Love, former Senior Director of Programming Distribution for Cumulus
Media Networks, will serve as PD for the show.

The Afternoon Rush with Rudy Rush, Ebony Steele and Loni Swain will debut
on Monday, June 20 on AURNs affiliate Urban AC stations across the country.
The new program officially replaces the Doug Banks Radio Show from 3-7pm
ET. Weve assembled a solid team and were putting a new brand of fun and
laughter into afternoons on urban adult stations, said Mike Love, who is
programming the show.

Rudy Rush, a veteran of the professional comedy circuit, has toured
colleges and clubs and became the youngest host of the longest running
African-American syndicated show, Showtime at the Apollo. Rush was the
comedic force on the long running Banks radio show.

A former Miss Gulf Coast Alabama and Miss Tuskegee, Ebony Steele is a
multimedia personality who most recently worked on the Rickey Smiley
morning show. After winning a very intensive battle with breast cancer,
Steele is helping millions of African American women win their own battles.
She devotes a significant amount of her time to campaigns raising awareness
of breast cancer.

Loni Swain most recently hosted middays at WGCI-FM/Chicago. She began her
career at WQUE-FM/New Orleans followed by stints at WERQ-FM Baltimore and
WFUN-FM St. Louis. In addition to being on air, Swain is also the shows
producer.

DJ Riddler Named APD/MD, Coco Dominguez Moves To Afternoons At Hot 95.7
Houston

https://radioinsight.com/blog/headli...-95-7-houston/

CBS CHR Hot 95.7 KKHH Houston has made a pair of personnel moves as Rich DJ
Riddler Pangilinan joins the station as APD/MD and Coco Dominguez moves
from nights to afternoons.

Pangilinan began his radio career in Houston as a mix-show DJ at 96.5 KNRJ
and 104.1 KRBE before moving to WHTZ and WKTU New York while working as a
music producer and record executive. He has also hosted shows for SiriusXM
and iHeartRadios Dance music channels.

Domzinguez moves to afternoons from nights to fill the vacancy created by
Keola Lui-Kwans departure to host mornings in his native Honolulu in March.
The station has no personality listed in Dominguezs former evening timeslot
nor in middays.

CBS RADIO’s HOT 95.7 (KKHH-FM) in Houston announced today CoCo Dominguez
officially took over afternoon drive on Monday, June 13 (weekdays, 3:00 –
7:00 PM). Coco, who held the position of Evenings since 2015, has been
filling in the role since April 1. HOT 95.7 can be heard on-air, online at
www.hot957houston.com or via the Radio.com app for mobile devices.

Im beyond thrilled to be in this moment with HOT 95.7. I thank Charese
Fruge and Sarah Frazier for giving me this amazing opportunity to host
Afternoons in a city where I live and grew up in,” said Dominguez. “It gets
me excited to have Charese here and to see her passion and drive with the
station. I love the music and radio and Im ready to have some fun with
Houston and be a part of HOT 95.7s destiny to greatness!

Additionally, Rich Pangilinan “DJ Riddler” joins the station as Music
Director/Assistant Program Director. Riddler has been part of HOT 95.7 as
a Mix Show DJ since the station launched almost a decade ago. He was named
Best Mix Show DJ at the Promo Only Summer Seassons/DJ Times Convention in
Atlantic City in 2011 and 2013. He was also named one of the Top Ten Acts
of All Time with the most entries on the Dance/Electronic Albums Chart.

“I’ve been excited about HOT 95.7 since it launched in 2008, so being given
the opportunity to join programming team is such an honor,” said
Pangilinan. “Growing up listening to Houston radio along with my life
experiences in the city makes it that much more special being in the
programming department at KKHH. I’m looking forward to being a part of
this new chapter at HOT 95.7.”

Charese Fruge, Vice President, Programming, CBS RADIO Houston added, “CoCo
is a Star. She’s already made a name for herself in the market. She has
amazing work ethic and great energy. We’ve already seen ratings growth in
PM drive since she’s been filling in. I am so proud of her and thrilled to
have her on the team as well.”

“Rich has already proven to be a ‘secret weapon.’ I cannot say enough
about him and how excited I am to have him on the team,” continued Fruge.
“His knowledge and history of the market and the industry are a HUGE plus!”

Station Sales Week Of 6/17

https://radioinsight.com/blog/headli...s-week-of-617/

Station Sales

Starboard Media Foundation acquires Catholic RealLife Radio 1380 WMJR
Nicholasville and 94.9 W235AK Lexington KY from Thy Kingdom Come Network
for $350,000. Starboard has already flipped WMJR/W235AK to their Relevant
Radio network.

Eight months after closing on their purchase of Rock 99.1 U-Rock KSEK-FM
Girard/Pittsburg KS and relaunching it as Classic Rock 99.1, Mika and
Jessica Nugent is selling the station to American Media Investments for
$60,000 and the assumption of the obligation to provide $11,432 in
advertising time to former owner Southeast Kansas Independent Resource
Living Center. American Media Investments began operating KSEK-FM via LMA
in May as it becomes the fourth station in a cluster that includes Country
96.9 The Kow KKOW-FM Pittsburg, Active Rock Rock 107.1 KJML Columbus and
Classic Country 860 KKOW Pittsburg.

Fred Keiths South Triad Broadcasting Corp. purchase Country 1260 WKXR
Asheboro NC from Randolph Broadcasting for $193,683. Keith began operating
WKXR via LMA on June 1 which made it a sister station to Classic Hits 99.9
The Zoo 700 WZOO/99.9 W260CG Asheboro.

Escuela de la Raza Unida is donating Spanish Public 88.5 KERU-FM Blythe CA
to some of the station management as the school no longer wishes to
shoulder the operation of the station any longer.
Translator Sales
Station State Seller Buyer Price To Rebroadcast Station State
Seller Buyer Price To Rebroadcast 105.3 W287CV Sanborn NY Calvary
Chapel of The Finger Lakes Culver Communications $30,000 1340 WLVL
Lockport 97.1 K246CG Las Cruces NM Family Life Broadcasting System
World Broadcasting & Television $49,500 95.9 KZHM Alamogordo 100.9
W265AL Harrisville WV Seven Ranges Radio Stu-Comm $50,000 93.9 WRRR-FM
St. Marys 104.7 W284CJ Venice FL Calvary Chapel Church Q Broadcasting
$26,250 90.5 WREH Cypress Quarters 104.3 K282AA Kennewick WA Tri-City
Christian Translator Association Moody Bible Institute $0 107.9 KMBI-FM
Spokane /* Here you can add custom CSS for the current table */ /* Lean
more about CSS: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cascading_Style_Sheets */ /*
To prevent the use of styles to other tables use "#supsystic-table-1" as a
base selector for example: #supsystic-table-1 { ... } #supsystic-table-1
tbody { ... } #supsystic-table-1 tbody tr { ... } */

Trip Savery Promoted To Curtis Media President/COO

https://radioinsight.com/blog/headli...-presidentcoo/

Curtis Media Group has promoted Executive Vice President Trip Savery to
President and Chief Operating Officer.

Savery replaces company founder Donald W. Curtis in that position, although
he will remain Chairman/CEO. Curtis Media owns 25 stations across four
North Carolina markets as well a partnering in clusters in two other
markets.

Curtis Media Group promotes Trip Savery to President and Chief Operating
Officer. Previously, Savery served as Senior VP in 2005 while also acting
as GM of WQDR-FM. In 2010, Savery joined Greater Media in Charlotte where
he became VP/Station Manager of WBT, WLNK and the Bob Sheri radio network.
In late 2013, Savery returned to Curtis Media Group as Executive Vice
President. Hes also served as GM of WPCM, WKIX and WCHL, as well as
National Sales Manager.

The promotion was announced by company founder Donald W. Curtis, who will
remain CEO/Chairman of the company. Curtis stated, This is actually more of
a formality. We have actually been working this way for the past year.

Savery commented, I am honored to continue my career at Curtis Media Group
in this role, and want to thank Don Curtis and the many talented people I
have the privilege of working with every day for our continued success.

Savery is a native of Chapel Hill, NC and serves on the board of directors
of the North Carolina Association of Broadcasters as Vice President of
Radio. In addition, he serves on the board of visitors of the UNC Childrens
Hospital, as well as the board of advisors of the Greater Raleigh Chamber
of Commerce.

Wall Street Journal: Public Radios Existential Crisis

http://www.wsj.com/articles/radios-e...sis-1466111586