Old July 18th 16, 11:31 PM posted to rec.radio.broadcasting,rec.radio.info

Default RadioInsight for Monday 18 July 2016

RadioInsight

98.7 The Brew Debuts In Eau Claire

https://radioinsight.com/blog/headli...in-eau-claire/

iHeartMedia flipped Sports 1400 WBIZ Eau Claire WI to Classic Hits 98.7 The
Brew this afternoon.

The flip comes with the addition of translator 98.7 W254CN Eau Claire to
bring WBIZs programming to FM. While positioning as Classic Hits, the
programming skews towards Classic Rock of the 1970s and 80s, much like
iHearts other Brew branded stations. The new format takes aim at Midwest
Family Broadcastings Greatest Hits 98.1 WISM-FM, which was recently
upgraded to a stronger signal thanks to the acquisition of WISM-FM from
iHeartMedias Aloha Stations Trust.

WBIZ previously carried Fox Sports Radio programming along with WTSO
Madisons regionally syndicated Mike Heller show in afternoons.

Dick Taylor: What If SiriusXM Went Free

https://dicktaylorblog.com/2016/07/1...o-is-now-free/

Daily Domains 7/18: Midwest Family Prepping Rockford Changes?

https://radioinsight.com/blog/headli...kford-changes/

Last week we noted on domain registrations pointing to Midwest Family
Broadcasting flipping Regional Mexican La Movida 1330 WNTA Rockford IL to
Sports. Now it appears the companys changes may stretch further in the
market.
This content is for Premium Annual and Premium Monthly members only. Visit
the site and log in/register to read.

The Pitch: Bullseye's Jesse Thorn talks the changing face of public radio

http://www.pitch.com/music/blog/2082...monday-on-kcur

Brooke & Jubal Add Star 107.9 Las Vegas

https://radioinsight.com/blog/headli...7-9-las-vegas/

The syndicated Brooke Jubal morning show continues its rapid growth with
the addition of Beasley Hot AC Star 107.9 KVGS Meadview AZ/Las Vegas.

Current morning host Aimee Montgomery will remain with the station
providing hourly local inserts during the morning show. KVGS had brought in
Mark DiCiero from crosstown CBS Hot AC Mix 94.1 KMXB following the
expiration of his non-compete in July 2015. He quietly left the station in
March.

Beasley Media Group’s STAR 107-9/KVGS-FM, Vegas’ best variety, welcomes the
addition of Brooke Jubal to the station’s weekday morning lineup. The
top-rated show will debut on Thursday, July 21. It will air Monday-Friday
in the 6 to 10 a.m. PT timeslot.

Beasley’s current STAR 107-9 Morning Host Aimee will stay on with Brooke
Jubal and will provide hourly local content for the show.

Brooke Jubal brings high-energy, laughs and the best in pop culture
conversation to listeners every day. The popular program also features
phone taps, hilarious skits and listener interaction.

It just makes sense Vegas has already taken so much from me in my
lifetime, why not take some entertainment too?” shared Jubal. “We are
ecstatic to be added to mornings on Star 107-9 and can’t wait to bring our
unique brand of radio to the Las Vegas market. We’d also like to thank
Beasley Media Group for their support of the show.

“Brooke Jubal’s impressive success in Seattle and Portland really sealed
the deal for us. I’m thrilled we’ve found the perfect morning show,” stated
STAR 107-9 Operations Manager John Candelaria. ”We’re combining a lot of
fun and engaging top-shelf content with local Las Vegas elements from
Aimee, our own rising superstar! This show is unlike any other on Vegas
radio. We are ready to get our listeners laughing out loud every morning
with Brooke Jubal!”

Yahoo! Sports Radio Rebrands As SB Nation Radio

https://radioinsight.com/blog/headli...-nation-radio/

As we first indicated in last weeks Domain Insight, Gow Medias Yahoo!
Sports Radio will indeed relaunch as SB Nation Radio on August 1.

Vox Media, which owns the SB Nation blog network, and Gow will partner to
increase the audio production of the two companies as well through podcasts
and new on-air programming. SB Nation talent such as Spencer Hall, Paul
Flannery, Dan Rubenstein, Ariel Helwani and Thomas George and writers from
the 300+ affiliate websites will play a role on the rebranded radio network.

Gow Media owns the radio network, PodcastArena.com, as well as YSR 1560
KGOW and ESPN 97.5 KFNC in the Houston market.

DJ 105.3 Brings Classic Dance To Jacksonville

https://radioinsight.com/blog/headli...-jacksonville/

Following its $1.3 million acquisition of CBS Sports 105.3 WJSJ Fernandina
Beach/Jacksonville earlier this year, Tony Quartarones Multimedia
Communications has flipped the station to Classic Dance as DJ 105.3.

The new brand debuted after two weeks of stunting asking listeners to Build
Your Station and a launch weekend featuring a 300 song countdown of the top
dance songs of the 70s, 80s and 90s. The station is positioning itself as
Dance Romance focusing on music from those decades.

WJSJ, which rimshots Jacksonville from the north, has gone through many
format iterations in the past few years. Brands have included Spanish CHR
Caliente, Hot AC Coast, Classic Country, and CBS Sports since 2013 alone.