Old August 3rd 16, 12:22 AM posted to rec.radio.broadcasting,rec.radio.info

Default RadioInsight for Tuesday 2 August 2016

RadioInsight

July 2016 (6/16 - 7/13) Nielsen Audio PPM Ratings Day 2

http://us6.campaign-archive1.com/?u=...e=75862 030d3

K-Dance Stunting In Houston

https://radioinsight.com/blog/headli...ng-in-houston/

As KSBJ Educational Foundations newly acquired 91.7 KXNG Houston has began
stunting as K-Dance as it tests its new transmitter and facilities.

Playing what could be best described as a Party Hits format, the station is
being hosted by Houston based rapper Mike Jones with artists including
Beyonce, Drake, Taylor Swift and The Beatles. KSBJ Educational Foundation
purchased then Classical KUHA from the University of Houston earlier this
year and took the station off the air on July 15 to replace the stations
transmitter.

Despite the fact that the Houston Chronicle has bitten on the stunt and
thinks its a permanent format, KXNG will still launch its new Christian CHR
NGEN Radio format on Monday, August 8.

Martz Upstate NY Names Jonathan Steele Program Director

https://radioinsight.com/blog/headli...gram-director/

Martz Communications has named Jonathan Steele as Program Director of CHR
94.7 Hits-FM WYUL Chateaugay NY/Montreal, Country Wild Country 96.5 WVNV
Malone NY/Cornwall ON and Classic Hits 1490 WICY/102.7 W274BI Malone NY.

Steele joins Martz from Alpha Media CHR Energy 102.3 WNGY Peoria IL where
he hosted nights as Miracle. Steele starts Monday, August 16.

Martz Communications Group welcomes Jonathan Steele to their upstate New
York Montreal group of stations. Steele will continue the long tradition
of programming excellence with one of the most focused and nimble
independent radio groups in the country. On Tuesday August 16th Steele will
begin navigating 94.7 Hits FM in Montreal, Wild Country 96.5 WVNV and
Classic Hits 102.5 WICY.

Steele’s radio footprint includes Cox Media/Dayton Ohio, the Zanesville
Ohio market and most recently Alpha Media/Peoria Illinois.

Martz Communication Group consultant Brian Wright of Audience Development
Group says, “It has been a long search to find just the right person to fit
the form and feel of Martz Communications Group and we believe Jonathan
matches up well. He has the energy and the ability to navigate fast on his
feet, which happens often with the strong team at Martz Communications
Group.”

Mark Thompson Exits KSWD Morning Show

https://radioinsight.com/blog/headli...-morning-show/

Mark Thompson is exiting his position as host of Mark In The Morning at
Entercom Classic Rock 100.3 The Sound KSWD Los Angeles following his
program on Wednesday, August 3.

Thompson, formerly one half of the Mark Brian show at 95.5 KLOS, had
joined KSWD in February 2015. His departure comes as the station seeks to
return to a music intensive position in the morning drive period.

Current morning co-host Gina Grad and afternoon host Andy Chanley (who
previously hosted mornings prior to Thompson coming aboard) will take over
the morning slot starting Thursday, August 4. Thompson states that he will
develop a few speciality shows for the station. You can watch Thompsons
announcement on Facebook.

Dick Taylor: Building A Radio Talent Farm System

https://dicktaylorblog.com/2016/07/3...ng-it-forward/

Rush Limbaugh Signs New Deal With iHeartMedia

https://radioinsight.com/blog/headli...h-iheartmedia/

With his previous contract expiring at the end of July, Conservative Talker
Rush Limbaugh has come to terms on a new contract to remain in syndication
with iHeartMedia and their Premiere Radio Networks.

Limbaugh told listeners this afternoon that the new contract is for four
years, half the length of his previous 8 year/$400 million deal that
expired last month. No financial terms were announced other than it is a
long-term multi-platform agreement to keep Limbaugh in place for his 12-3pm
eastern syndicated program. He celebrated the start of his 29th year in
syndication on Monday.

iHeartMedia,*the leading media company in America with a greater reach in
the U.S. than any other radio or television outlet,*announced today*it has
renewed and extended its partnership with*Rush Limbaugh,
the*most-listened-to*national radio talk show host in*America. Specific
terms were not announced, but the long-term, multi-platform agreement
reflects The Rush Limbaugh Shows status as the top program in Premiere
Networks industry-leading talk lineup of nationally-syndicated properties,
including continuous growth and strong performance in both revenue and
OIBDAN.*

*

Limbaugh will continue to host The Rush Limbaugh Show, which broadcasts
weekdays from noon to 3 p.m. ET on more than 600 affiliates and reaches
millions of listeners nationwide. In 2016, the top-rated program*has
experienced significant year-over-year audience growth with Persons 12+
(+27%), Adults 25-54 (+18%), Adults 18-34 (+27%) and Women 25-54 (+27%),
and average quarter hour audience levels are up double and triple digits in
many markets, including New York (+155%), Chicago (+76%), San Francisco
(+63%), Houston (+33%), Atlanta (+40%) and Miami (+50%)*(Source: Nielsen
Audio, JAN-JUN Avg 2016 vs 2015, PPM, Exact Times, AQH). Ad revenue for The
Rush Limbaugh Show has also increased by 20% over last year, and the show
continues to be the number one program in Talk radio.

*

“After 28 fulfilling years, I seriously considered moving on to something
else, but Rich and Bob were very persuasive,” said Limbaugh. “Im thrilled
to be continuing. And I really want to be on the air if the Russians find
Hillarys emails.”*

*

“As Rush celebrates his 28th anniversary in national syndication, his
commitment to broadcasting excellence has never been more evident,” said
Bob Pittman, Chairman and CEO of iHeartMedia, Inc.*“The Rush Limbaugh Show
is stronger than ever, experiencing continued ad sales growth and its
highest audience levels of the past decade.”*

*

“Rush continues to deliver impressive results for affiliates and a wide
range of advertisers by providing an unmatched connection to millions of
loyal fans, along with valuable and unique content,” said Rich Bressler,
President, Chief Operating Officer and Chief Financial Officer of
iHeartMedia, Inc.* “We’re proud to continue our partnership with Rush, and
look forward to sharing many more years of success.”

East Texas Stations Lock Out Staff & Go Dark

https://radioinsight.com/blog/headli...staff-go-dark/

Waller Broadcasting CHR Breeze-FM 95.3 KFRO-FM Gilmer/102.3 KLJT
Jacksonville and Regional Mexican Kompa-FM 94.3 KZXM Bullard/103.1 KMPA
Pittsburg TX in the Tyler/Longview market was the scene of some drama on
Monday morning as the stations staff was locked out and charged with
trespassing by the owner.

As the KFRO-FM/KLJT morning show arrived at the station they found the
locks on the door were changed over the weekend. Susie Waller, daughter of
recently deceased station owner Dudley Waller arrived with the local police
and a letter from her mother granting her power of attorney over her
fathers estate claiming that all of the employees had been terminated on
Friday. The staff claimed that they were never given any termination
notifications and had worked a station event on Saturday. Waller also
terminated her brother, Bill Waller who had served as President of the
company and according to KETK-TV was in negotiations to purchase the
stations from his fathers estate.

Bill Waller also told KEXT that the stations staffs had filed OSHA
complaints to Susie Waller for working over a month with no air
conditioning causing many to become ill.

The stations staff published the following letter on the morning shows
Facebook page:

First of all we want to apologize to all our Listeners, all our Advertisers
and all the Charities we benefit.

This morning, we were all informed that everyone at the station was
terminated. We showed up at 5:30am to kick off the Morning Madhouse only to
find the locks on the door had been changed. Then we were greeted by the
Jacksonville Police Department (who were all extremely nice and
understanding). The owner’s daughter showed up and while hiding behind the
station tells the Jacksonville PD that we had all been served with notice
of termination on Friday and we were now trespassing. None of us were ever
served or notified of anything! If fact, we were all busy conducting a
community wide Peace Rally on Saturday.

While our hearts are broken and 15+ people need to find new jobs to support
their families we still feel blessed. For the past several years, we have
had the honor of working with an amazing team led by Bill Waller and
Angelica Love where we all felt like family. Not only that but we have had
the most amazing listeners in the world who have always supported us and
for that we will always be thankful.

As for all the charities please know while we may not have a radio station
any longer that we will always be there to support and help you as well as
all of East Texas. Youre our Family and our home!

Please keep us all in your prayers as our amazing staff searches for their
next step in life while trying to understand all the injustice that has
been done.

To our listeners, our advertisers, our charities or just our friends,
although we are outraged and devastated by this injustice, what matters to
us most is that you continue to support our causes, that you continue to
support local artists and that you continue our mission to make East Texas
a better place.

We love you East Texas!

-Your Morning Madhouse Team and all your friends formally with The Breeze
and Kompa

Alpha Launches We 96.3 Portland

https://radioinsight.com/blog/headli...96-3-portland/

Alpha Media began operating 3 Horizons LLC Classic Hits 96.3 KWLZ West
Linn/Portland OR at 5:00pm today and flipped the station to Urban leaning
Rhythmic CHR as We 96.3.

WQHT New York/Apple Beats 1 personality Ebro Darden is serving as voice of
the station with Alpha Media VP/Programming Phil Becker adding Programming
duties for We.

KWLZ had moved into the Portland market in September 2015 following a long
battle to relocate the station from Bend. It becomes Alphas fifth FM in the
market.

Alpha Media Portland announces today brand new station, WE 96-3! WE 96-3
(KWLZ-FM) is a Rhythmic CHR playing artists such as Drake, Kanye West,
Nicki Minaj, DJ Khaled and more! With the addition of WE 96-3, Alpha Media
now expands to seven stations in Portland.

WE 96-3 was created by Alpha Media VP, Programming, Phil Becker and
narrated by Ebro Darden.

Becker commented on the announcement, “Portland has been without a true
Rhythmic CHR station since 2008 and WE believe the market deserves an
authentic alternative. When looking at national trends, regardless of
geography, some of the most in demand music in the world will be played on
WE 96-3.”