Old February 28th 17, 11:51 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.info

Default [RAC-Bulletin] Radio Amateurs of Canada Announces Two New Partnerships: Survivormateand The Personal

Radio Amateurs of Canada aims to strengthen Amateur Radio in Canada and
support its members in many ways.

All Canadian Radio Amateurs benefit from our work representing Amateurs to
our regulator – Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada
(formerly Industry Canada) – and at international conferences. RAC
members
are able to participate in our two national contests and can access a great
deal of information on our website, Facebook page and Twitter
communications. Our Canadian Amateur Radio Hall of Fame recognizes the
contributions of dedicated Amateurs who have built Amateur Radio in Canada
and internationally.

RAC members know that they are part of an organization devoted to Amateur
Radio in Canada and they receive many important services: a national
magazine; bulletins on recent developments; the Outgoing QSL Bureau;
insurance programs for affiliated clubs and RAC members who belong to those
clubs; and advice on many Amateur Radio issues.

In addition to these benefits and services, RAC continues to negotiate
other benefits for our members. In all cases these are designed to provide
options for our members and those who find them useful will benefit from
them.

RAC continually looks at opportunities for its members and reviews existing
agreements. As a result of this process we are pleased to announce that RAC
has entered into two new partnerships. The first new partnership is with
*Survivormate*, a British Columbia company that manufactures and sells
waterproof, mold-proof and insulated “Grab and Go” survival
emergency kits
and other emergency-related supplies. RAC members will now receive a 10%
discount on many of the products it sells. For more information visit
http://www.survivormate.com/.

The second new partnership is with *The Personal*, an insurance company
offering group rates used by more than 700 public and private sector
organizations across Canada. Many of these are professional or technical
organizations with memberships similar to ours. As a result of our
agreement, The Personal will provide personalized home and auto insurance
coverage at exclusive group rates for our members and their families.

In the near future The Personal will provide additional information about
the group savings and special discounts now available to RAC members. They
promise fast, convenient service and no-hassle claims as they are one of
Canada's largest group insurers. If are interested in new insurance or want
to see what options exist for insurance on your home, cottage or vehicle
you can get a quote directly from them today by calling 1-888-476-8737 or
online at https://www.thepersonal.com/radioamateurs.

*73, Glenn MacDonell, VE3XRA*
*President and Chair*
*Radio Amateurs of Canada*