Old March 18th 17, 04:49 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,free.uk.amateur-radio,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.info

Default [CrARC] Tower Party

CARC

Tower Party

http://carc.org.uk/2017/03/18/tower-party/

The CARC tower and antennas are in need of some TLC. Â*We are very lucky to
have a couple of other Versatowers mounted on trailers. Â*One of these is a
60ft heavy duty version which given that we have quite a few antennas on
our tower and that it is un-guyed would be best installed at the hut.

To that end we have agreed to swap our fixed tower with the heavy duty
Versatower over the period of a couple of weeks. Â*Ive created three events
in the club calendar but want to make sure that everyone possible is aware
of the plans and of course to tout for volunteers to help with the work.

The first day will be during the club meeting on Sunday 9th April when we
will luff the current tower and strip the antennas for servicing. Â*All of
them need some work.

The second day will involve swapping the current fixed tower for trailer
tower and base. Â*This will happen on Thursday 13 April, just before the
Easter weekend. Â*We need to do this on a weekday as the trailer tower is
stored in a builders yard which is not open on a Saturday.

The third and final day will involve assembling the heavy duty tower and
rigging the winches. Â*This will happen on the morning of Sunday 23 April
during the club meeting.

A draft action plan is available on the notice board next to the tea bar in
the hut.

Please do your best to help especially on Thursday 13th when we will need
several members to lift the tower sections about. Â*These are quite
manageable if there are enough people to share the load.