Old March 26th 17, 06:25 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.info

Default QRZ Forums - Amateur Radio News for Sunday 26 March 2017

Amateur Radio News

How I Deal With Stucco...

http://forums.qrz.com/index.php?thre...stucco.560504/

Two of the of the biggest issues I face in trying to make contacts are HOAs
and that I am surrounded by one of the most un-amateur radio friendly
building materials on the planet. That material is stucco. Stucco is
probably the most popular building material here in Southern California.
For those not too familiar with stucco here is a quick explanation of it
and what makes it so bad. Stucco is a plaster that is used for coating
exterior walls. What makes it so bad is that under the plaster...

How I Deal With Stucco...

Foundations of Amateur Radio - Episode 94

http://forums.qrz.com/index.php?thre...ode-94.560389/

View attachment 358969

"Lifes too short for QRP"

With propagation at an all time low, amplifiers are out in force and QRP is
delegated to second class citizen status, but is that really warranted and
what does this mean for holders of introductory Amateur Radio licenses.

Foundations of Amateur Radio is a weekly podcast about the 1000 hobbies
that Amateur Radio represents. With a new topic every week I look at what
this hobby means and what you can achieve.

You can find this...

Foundations of Amateur Radio - Episode 94

Icom 7300 And MacLoggerDX Setup

http://forums.qrz.com/index.php?thre...-setup.560536/

Even if you are on a PC, have a look at this! This program has some really
nice features. It is amazing software, especially for the DX chaser and if
you like having online logbooks, this is a very good choice. It uploads in
real time to many online logs, including QRZ.com.

View attachment 359257

This clip shows the Icom 7300 setup as well as software. I am using one USB
cable and my old iMac. Once the radio is setup, move on to the software.
From the developers website youll find...

Icom 7300 And MacLoggerDX Setup

FCC issues a Notice of Violation to Solar City for RFI Inteferance

http://forums.qrz.com/index.php?thre...erance.559331/

After an on-site visit and testing by an FCC Enforcement Agent of the ~S9
interference cause to my station by a Solar City solar array located 2
houses away, the FCC issued Solar City a Notice of Violation.

It appears that at least one of the primary interference generating
components is a load balancing device called an "optimizer" which is
attached to back of each solar panel. Testing by the FCC Agent showed that
the interference does not stop until the optimizer is detached from the...

FCC issues a Notice of Violation to Solar City for RFI Inteferance

ETH059 - QSL Cards and Services

http://forums.qrz.com/index.php?thre...rvices.558402/

Hello everybody and welcome back to the Everything Ham Radio Podcast! In
this episode we are going to talk about QSL Cards and Services, we talk
about some upcoming events/contests and hamfests over the next two weeks
and wrap it up with some news from around the hobby!

Show notes and further reading for this episode can be found at...

ETH059 - QSL Cards and Services