Old March 30th 17, 03:50 AM posted to uk.radio.amateur,free.uk.amateur-radio,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.info

Default [CARA] March Lunch

Cheltenham Amateur Radio Association

March Lunch

https://g5bk.uk/2017/03/march-lunch/

The monthly lunches at the Toby Carvery, at Brockworth, continue to be well
supported and March was no exception when 19 people sat down for an
enjoyable meal and lots of friendly chat. This was the largest number for
some months; we were very pleased to welcome Mike and Jan for the first
time.

A reminder that all club members and their spouses/partners are welcomed to
attended.

March Meeting Report

https://g5bk.uk/2017/03/march-meeting-report-2/

Our annual Constructors Exhibition took place at the March meeting and was
well attended. The number of exhibits was down on previous years as several
of the clubs prolific home-brewers were not able to be present.
Nevertheless we saw some very interesting and original exhibits, and were
able to chat to theÂ*constructors at length.

Peter G4ENA and Colin G3TA were the judges and they made the following
awards.

The Bill Brown G5BK Cup for Best in Show went to Tony G3YYH for his
excellent home-built power supply unit for a WS19. G3YYH with his homebrew
WS19 set PSU.

The Pat Moore G3IKR Memorial Cup for Innovative Construction went to
Stewart G0LGS for his ingenious 5.7GHz Wideband FM Transceiver.
G0LGSs 5.7MHz Wideband FM Transceiver

The Roger Kendall G0UPU Memorial Cup for Best Software or Computer Related
Project was not awarded as there were no qualifying exhibits.

We were pleased to welcome several visitors to the meeting. Thanks go to
Alan M0NRO and Geoff M6OGR for kindly manning the kitchen and providing us
with the usual refreshments.