Old January 30th 19, 10:14 PM posted to rec.radio.broadcasting,rec.radio.info

Default [RadioInsight] 94.9 KHI Brings More Classic Hits To Salisbury/Ocean City

RadioInsight

94.9 KHI Brings More Classic Hits To Salisbury/Ocean City

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/1...ry-ocean-city/

Vinco Media has flipped Variety Hits 94.9 Jack-FM WKHI Newark MD to Classic
Hits 94.9 KHI.

The flip brings another Classic Hits station to the Salisbury/Ocean City
market following Michael Powells recent launch of Xtra 106.1 WXSH Pocomoke
City.

Positioned as Delmarvas Classic Hits of the 70s, 80s and 90s, the station
is playing off the heritage of the former Top 40 powerhouse 100 KHI of the
80s and early 90s. The call letters bounced around through the market with
stops on 95.9, 106.5, 107.5, 107.7 and 98.5 prior to 94.9 picking up the
call letters last fall.

The post 94.9 KHI Brings More Classic Hits To Salisbury/Ocean City appeared
first on RadioInsight.

Cumulus Media Promoted Steve Finateri To Detroit Market Manager

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/1...arket-manager/

Cumulus Media has promoted Steve Finateri from Director of Sales for
News/Talk 760 WJR to VP/Market Manager for its Detroit cluster.

Finateri has worked in Detroit radio sales since 1986 with stops at 1270
WXYT, 100.3 WNIC, and 98.7 WVMV before joining WJR in 2006 as National
Sales Manager and then rising to Local Sales Manager in 2008 and Director
of Sales in 2011.

In addition to WJR, he will add oversight of Country Nash-FM 93.1 WDRQ and
Hot AC 96.3 WDVD. He fills the opening created by Tom OBriens retirement at
the end of 2018.

CUMULUS MEDIA announces that it has promoted veteran Detroit broadcaster
Steve Finateri to Vice President/Market Manager for Cumulus Detroit and its
group of four radio stations. Finateri, a Detroit radio professional for
over 30 years, rises from his previous position as Director of Sales for
WJR, a position he has held since 2011.

Finateri joined CUMULUS MEDIA in 2006 as National Sales Manager for Detroit
News/Talk station WJR, and became Local Sales Manager for WJR in 2008. He
began his career in talk radio as a Retail Account Manager in 1986 for
Fritz Broadcasting’s WXYT, moved to Clear Channel/iHeartMedia’s WNIC as
Senior Account Manager in 1995 and on to Local Sales Manager for CBS
Radio’s WVMV in 2002. Finateri holds a B.S. degree in Business
Administration from Wayne State University in Detroit.

Dave Milner, Executive Vice President, Operations, CUMULUS MEDIA, said:
“Steve’s performance and success leading WJR’s sales team, along with his
deep understanding of the Detroit media and advertising market made him the
obvious choice to run our Cumulus cluster in the Motor City.”

Finateri said: “It’s a privilege and an honor to represent such an elite
team of media professionals. Our Cumulus Detroit radio stations reach over
1.6 million listeners weekly, delivering over 42% of Metro Detroit’s total
population, even more when you include WJR’s booming regional signal that
adds significant listenership throughout Michigan. Cumulus Detroit has
Michigan’s most well-known and beloved radio personalities and is the home
of The Detroit Lions Radio Network and flagship for Michigan State
University Football and Basketball. Those assets, coupled with CUMULUS
MEDIA’s robust suite of sophisticated digital offerings, give us all the
horsepower we need to be the one-stop shop for effective marketing
campaigns for our customers who range from local businesses on up to
Michigan’s largest companies.”

CUMULUS MEDIA owns and operates Detroit radio stations: WDRQ-FM/NASH 93.3
FM (Country); WDRQ-H2/NASH ICON HD2 93.1 (Country); 96.3 WDVD-FM (CHR); and
760 AM WJR (News/Talk).

The post Cumulus Media Promoted Steve Finateri To Detroit Market Manager
appeared first on RadioInsight.

Domain Insight 1/30: Who Will Townsquare Kiss?

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/1...wnsquare-kiss/

Townsquare Media is launching another Kiss-FM somewhere. Plus potential
changes in Central Michigan, Arizona, and Lufkin.
This content is for Premium Annual and Premium Monthly members only. Visit
the site and log in/register to read.

The post Domain Insight 1/30: Who Will Townsquare Kiss? appeared first on
RadioInsight.

96.9 The Game Orlando Adds New Old Afternoon Team

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/1...fternoon-team/

iHeartMedia Sports 96.9 The Game 740 WYGM Orlando/96.9 W245CL Deltona FL
has announced the upcoming launch of a new afternoon show, In the Zone with
Brandon Kravitz and The Shot Doctor on Monday, February 11.

The show will replace the current The Finish Line With Jerry ONeill And The
Shot Doctor in the 3-6pm time slot. Brandon Kravitz will continue to serve
as the pre and postgame show host for the stations Orlando Magic coverage.
The duo previously hosted afternoons together prior to ONeills arrival in
2017.

FM 96.9 The Game, Orlando’s Sports Leader, announced today the debut of a
new afternoon-drive show “In the Zone with Brandon Kravitz and The Shot
Doctor,” effective Monday, February 11. “In the Zone with Brandon Kravitz
and The Shot Doctor” will broadcast weekdays from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m.

“In the Zone with Brandon Kravitz and The Shot Doctor” will be led by
Brandon Kravitz, graduate of University of Central Florida and pre/post
game host for the Orlando Magic. The show will deliver the latest breaking
news and engage listeners with humor and informative sports talk. The Shot
Doctor will co-host and Austin Pistulka will serve as the executive
producer.

“We’re extremely excited about the new era of FM 96.9 The Game,” said Rick
Everett, Regional Vice President of Programming for iHeartMedia North
Florida. “When you’re looking for the best live sports-talk, this is the
place to tune in. Listeners who want to be entertained and informed while
hearing the most compelling personalities in sports radio will be rewarded
every time they tune into Orlando’s strongest local sports talk station.”

“For the last several years, I’ve been honing my craft and working towards
this goal,” said Kravitz. “I plan to bring a fresh approach to afternoon
drive, while engaging with our interactive audience. “I cannot wait to link
back up with The Shot Doctor – we have chemistry from two years of doing
afternoon drive together in the past and I look forward to picking up where
we left off and taking it to the next level.”

The post 96.9 The Game Orlando Adds New Old Afternoon Team appeared first
on RadioInsight.

Tricia 'TJ' Jenkins Joins The Ty Bentli Show

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/1...y-bentli-show/

Former Buzn 102.9 KMNB Minneapolis Music Director/midday host Tricia TJ
Jenkins is joining Cumulus Medias Ty Bentli Show as a co-host.

Jenkins most recently was serving as a weekend/fill-in host at iHeartMedia
Country K102 KEEY Minneapolis. She will be relocating to Nashville to join
Bentli and Chuck Wicks as the core cast of the show starting in
mid-February.

CUMULUS MEDIA announces that The*Ty*Bentli*Show, Country’s most energetic
and freshest take on morning radio, welcomes Country radio personality
Tricia Jenkins to the show. Jenkins joins Host Ty Bentli, Chuck Wicks and
the team on-air in mid-February. Jenkins heads to Nashville, home of
CUMULUS MEDIA’s NASH studios and The Ty Bentli Show, from Minneapolis, MN,
where she was previously midday personality and Music Director at KMNB-FM,
and fill-in personality at K102/KEEY-FM.

The Ty Bentli Show launched earlier this month*and features Host Ty Bentli,
Country recording artist*and on-air personality Chuck Wicks,*and an
expanded cast of friends and characters who get real, get wild, and get
Country weekday mornings live from the Music City. The Ty Bentli Show is
syndicated exclusively by Westwood One, the largest audio network in the
U.S.*

John Shomby, Director of Programming, NASH, said: “The cast is now
complete. We look forward to TJ being an integral part of The Ty Bentli
Show.”

“TJ is one of the most amazing women I know,” Ty Bentli professed. “Her
value goes beyond the magic she will bring on-air with The Ty Bentli Show*
she’s hilariously honest, strategically focused, and innately curious about
others. Tricia Jenkins, welcome to the Music City!” *

Tricia Jenkins noted: It*doesnt matter how long Ive been in this*business,
its still mind blowing to me that I get to live in Music City to be a part
of The Ty Bentli Show as my JOB! I cant wait to join the team at Cumulus
Nashville and wake up with all of my new friends across the nation! Thank
you, John Shomby, Ty, and Mike McVay for everything, but mostly for moving
me out of -57 degrees (the current wind chill as Im writing this)!

Broadcasting from the Music City,*The Ty Bentli Show*brings humor, honesty
and an edge as Ty and the cast welcome Country music’s biggest stars and
engage with listeners in authentic conversations of life stories, opinions,
relationships, insecurities, and more.

The post Tricia TJ Jenkins Joins The Ty Bentli Show appeared first on
RadioInsight.

Multiple Pandora Executives Exit Ahead Of SiriusXM Acquisition

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/1...m-acquisition/

As Pandoras stockholders approved the $3.5 billion acquisition of their
company by SiriusXM, the company has announced that CEO Roger Lynch and
other executives will depart the company upon closing of the deal.

Along with Lynch, who has led the company since August 2017, the following
executives will depart the company: General Counsel Steve Bene, Chief
Financial Officer Naveen Chopra, and Chief Human Resources Officer Kristen
Robinson.

SiriusXM CEO Jim Meyer will lead the combined company.

Pandora Media, Inc. (NYSE: P) (“Pandora”) today announced that at a special
meeting held earlier today stockholders of Pandora approved the acquisition
of Pandora by Sirius XM Holdings Inc. (NASDAQ: SIRI) (“Sirius XM”).

At the special meeting of Pandora stockholders, holders of approximately
75% of the outstanding voting power of Pandora voting securities were
voted, with approximately 97% of the votes cast in favor of the transaction.

The transaction is expected to close shortly, subject to customary closing
conditions. Assuming completion of the transaction, shares of Pandora
common stock are expected to be delisted from trading on the New York Stock
Exchange (“NYSE”). As a result of the transaction, among other things, each
share of Pandora common stock will be converted into 1.44 newly issued
shares of Sirius XM common stock. Sirius XM common stock will continue to
trade under the existing ticker symbol “SIRI” on The Nasdaq Global Select
Market.

As of the transaction close, Roger Lynch, Chief Executive Officer of
Pandora, will be stepping down from his role and exiting the company. Jim
Meyer, Chief Executive Officer of Sirius XM, will lead Pandora and Sirius
XM as a combined company. Steve Bene, General Counsel of Pandora; Naveen
Chopra, Chief Financial Officer of Pandora; and Kristen Robinson, Chief
Human Resources Officer of Pandora, also will be exiting the company
following the transaction closing.

The post Multiple Pandora Executives Exit Ahead Of SiriusXM Acquisition
appeared first on RadioInsight.