Old March 1st 21, 10:29 PM posted to rec.radio.broadcasting,rec.radio.info

Default [RadioInsight] KMOX Adding FM Translator; Dave Glover & Mark Reardon Trade Stations

RadioInsight

KMOX Adding FM Translator; Dave Glover & Mark Reardon Trade Stations

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/2...rade-stations/

Entercom News/Talk 1120 KMOX St. Louis and Conservative Talk 97.1 FM Talk
KFTK-FM are swapping hosts, while KMOX will add an FM signal.

98.7 K254CR St. Louis will switch from simulcasting KFTK-FM to KMOX on
Monday, March 22 bringing the stations News/Talk programming to FM for the
first time. But KFTK-FM afternoon host Dave Glover will move with the
translator to KMOX. Glover, who has hosted at KFTK-FM for the past two
decades, will move to 2-6pm on KMOX.

Current KMOX 2-4pm host Mark Reardon will move in reverse to KFTK-FM where
he will be heard from 3-6pm. A Best of Glover show will fill the 6pm hour.
That part will take effect March 29.

Entercom expands the reach of News Radio 1120 KMOX (KMOX-AM), the voice of
St. Louis. The station will simulcast on 98.7 FM translator as News Radio
98.7 FM KMOX and will be heard throughout the city’s business district
including downtown, Clayton, midtown, Creve Coeur, Maryland Heights and
Kirkwood, effective March 22.

Also on March 22, the station welcomes the addition of “The Dave Glover
Show” to its weekday programming lineup. The show, which was previously
heard on sister station 97.1 FM Talk (KFTK-FM) for the last 20 years, will
now be heard on News Radio 1120 AM 98.7 FM weekdays from 2:00 p.m. – 6:00
p.m. CT.

“We are beyond excited to amplify the reach of the one and only KMOX and
serve the St. Louis area in a more significant way,” said Becky Domyan,
Senior Vice President and Market Manager, Entercom St. Louis. “We are
thrilled for “The Dave Glover Show” to bring over 20 years of success to
KMOX with this expansion to FM. Dave and his team have had an unprecedented
track record of creating laughter, highlighting thought provoking topics,
and committing to relevant, local content day in and day out.”

“Our goal is to serve as the voice of the entire community,” said Steve
Moore, Brand Manager, News Radio 1120 KMOX. “It’s important that KMOX is
available on multiple platforms in order to keep the listeners in the
business district informed with the latest news throughout the city.”

Fox Sports 1230 Toledo Rebrands As The Gambler

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/2...s-the-gambler/

iHeartMedia Sports Fox Sports 1230 WCWA Toledo has announced it will add
programming from VSiN and BetR Network as it relaunches today as Fox Sports
1230 The Gambler.

WCWA will also add Michigan Sports Networks Xs and Bros with Anthony
Bellino for mornings from 6-9am. Fox Sports Radios Dan Patrick Show, The
Herd with Colin Cowherd and The Doug Gottlieb Show will remain in place
from 9am to 5pm. VSiN/BetRs programming will be heard from 5pm to 12am
including Brent Musbergers My Guys in the Desert from 5-7pm.

WCWA joins iHeartMedia owned Sports stations in Akron and Youngstown OH and
Philadelphia PA to move to Gambler branded mix of Fox Sports Radio and
Sports Gambling programming.

iHeartMedia Toledo today announced the debut of FOX SPORTS 1230 THE
GAMBLER, “Toledo’s Action Starts Here,” effective immediately. The new
station will provide a way for listeners to keep up to date on all things
sports, with a focus on gambling, fantasy recommendations and the latest
sports headlines.

Each hour will feature wagering updates from the VSiN (Vegas Stats and
Information Network) and new programming from the BetR Network, including
“My Guys in the Desert,” hosted by sportscaster Brent Musberger. Fox Sports
1230 “The Gambler” lineup will include a mix of programming, offering
listeners betting guides, handicapping and strategies plus signature
programming from Fox Sports Radio, including “The Dan Patrick Show” and
“The Herd with Colin Cowherd,” as well as highly respected Toledo
sportscaster Anthony Bellino weekday mornings.

“Fox Sports 1230 ‘The Gambler’ is the future of sports radio,” said Scott
Sands, Senior Vice President of Programming for iHeartMedia Ohio and West
Virginia. “We are thrilled to bring this hot new format to Northwest Ohio
and Southeast Michigan, assisting our growing audience in navigate the
ever-growing world of sports wagering.”

“Radio listeners are more engaged with online sports betting and more aware
of sports betting brands,” said Matt Bell, Area President for iHeartMedia
Toledo. “This station is great for our local advertisers and clients as
recent data from Nielsen Scarborough has found the more time listeners
spend with radio, the greater their sports betting engagement. The study
also found that listeners of live sports on radio are more than twice as
likely to participate in sports betting than the average US audience.”

Full Weekday Programming Lineup:

X’s BrO’s with Anthony Bellino 6am – 9am

The Dan Patrick Show 9am – 12pm

The Herd with Cowherd 12pm – 3pm

The Doug Gottlieb Show 3pm – 5pm

My Guys in the Desert 5pm – 7pm

Rush Hour 7pm – 8pm

Prime Time Action 8pm – 10pm

The Green Zone 10pm – 12mid

The Jason Smith Show w/ Mike Harmon 12mid – 2am

The Ben Maller Show 2 am – 6am

1080 The Fan Portland Revamps Daily Lineup

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/2...-daily-lineup/

Entercom Sports 1080 The Fan KFXX Portland is debuting a new on-air lineup
today.

Afternoon hosts Andy ‘Dirt’ Johnson and Brandon Sprague, who have hosted
early afternoons at KFXX since 2015 will now host mornings from 6-9am
replacing Dusty Harrah and former NFL Tight End Cam Cleeland. Cleeland
exited the station earlier this year, while Harrah will be paired with
KOIN-TV sportscaster AJ McCord from 12-3pm as AJ Dusty. McCord has been at
KOIN-TV since 2017 and before that she was a reporter and anchor for
KHBS/KHOG-TV Fayetteville AR.

Fox Sports Radios The Herd with Colin Cowherd will remain in the 9am-12pm
slot. Prior to joining ESPN Radio and then Fox Sports Radio, Cowherd hosted
afternoons and then mornings locally at KFXX from 1997-2003. “Primetime
with Isaac and Suke” hosted by Isaac Ropp and Jason Scukanec will remain in
afternoons from 3-7pm. The duo have hosted afternoons since 2005. ESPN
Radio national programming will remain in nights and weekends.

Entercom announced a new weekday programming lineup for 1080 The FAN
(KFXX-AM), Portland’s original all-sports radio station and the home of the
Oregon Ducks, effective immediately.

As part of the new lineup, “Dirt and Sprague” with co-hosts Andy ‘Dirt’
Johnson and Brandon Sprague will transition to morning drive from 6:00 a.m.
to 9:00 a.m. PT. They were previously heard in afternoon drive since 2015.
Following “Dirt and Sprague,” “The Herd with Colin Cowherd” will continue
in the 9:00 a.m. to – 12:00 p.m. PT slot. The Fan is the original home of
The Herd, debuting the show in 1997 before the show moved to a nationwide
platform with ESPN Radio and, since 2015, Fox Sports Radio.

The station subsequently welcomes KOIN 6 TV sportscaster AJ McCord as
afternoon show co-host, pairing her with veteran station host Dusty Harrah
in the 12:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. PT slot for “AJ and Dusty.”

“I’m so excited about this enhanced lineup,” said Kim Martinez Senior Vice
President and Market Manager, Entercom Portland. “With Dirt and Sprague
making the well-deserved move to mornings and the addition of AJ McCord in
middays, 1080 The Fan will continue to provide the best content and
entertainment for our listeners, and results for our advertisers.”

“I could not be more excited with this opportunity to join 1080 The FAN and
extend my coverage of Portland sports,” said McCord. “I’m blessed to have a
co-host in Dusty Harrah who is equally as eager to bring the best sports
talk to our listeners. Combining the forces of KOIN6 and The Fan to provide
more extensive coverage of our favorite teams is a dream come true.”

McCord joins 1080 The Fan after serving as local television station
KOIN-TV’s primary sports reporter and anchor since 2017. In addition to
covering the Portland sports landscape, she hosted a variety of weekly
shows. Prior to KOIN-TV, she served as weekend sports reporter and anchor
for KHBS/KHOG-TV in Fayetteville, AR.

1080 The Fan’s weekday lineup concludes with “Primetime with Isaac and
Suke” featuring Isaac Ropp and Jason Scukanec from 3:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
PT for the 16th consecutive year.

SiriusXM's Faction Talk Adds The Bonfire; While Covino & Rich Exit For
Patreon

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/2...t-for-patreon/

SiriusXMs Faction Talk is revamping it schedule with the addition of The
Bonfire hosted by comedians Big Jay Oakerson and Dan Soder from 5-7pm
eastern, while Steve Covino Rich Davis exit the channel.

The Bonfire returns to SiriusXM after previously airing on Comedy Central
Radio (channel 95) until the end of 2020 when that channel dropped all of
its talk shows. The show will air in the timeslot on Faction Talk that had
been held by Jason Ellis until his exit last December.

While The Bonfire joins the channel, another longtime show on SiriusXM is
departing. Steve Covino Rich Daviss Covino Rich, which most recently
aired from 11am-2pm eastern on Faction Talk ended their 16 year run on
SiriusXM last week. Covino Rich will continue to air daily on a newly
created Patreon subscription account. Davis will continue to host on
SiriusXMs Hits 1 and Pop2K channels, while Covino is heard on Turbo.

The Covino Rich show debuted in 2004 on what was then Sirius Maxim Radio.
The pair have also hosted shows for Sportsnet New York and ESPN2. Prior to
joining SiriusXM, both Covino Davis worked at multiple terrestrial
stations, with Covino at 92.3 WXRK New York and Davis having stints at WWHT
Syracuse, WHTZ New York and WIOQ Philadelphia.

After 16+ yrs @covinoandrich moves from @siriusxm to @patreon Although it
was tough to end this chapter, we are looking ahead, excited for the future
& hope you join us! Thx for all the support, friendships & memories-
let’s make some more! (& yes, I’m still on @sxmturbo )
pic.twitter.com/18ep31X8gG

- Steve Covino (@stevecovino) March 1, 2021

SiriusXM announced today that The Bonfire co-hosted by comedians Big Jay
Oakerson and Dan Soder will return to SiriusXM starting tonight. The hit
program will air weeknights from 5:00-7:00pm ET on Faction Talk channel
103. SiriusXM will also produce The Bonfire podcast, which will be
available on the SiriusXM app, Pandora, Stitcher, and wherever listeners
access their podcasts.

Each night on The Bonfire, stand-up stars Big Jay Oakerson and Dan Soder
will deliver their signature charm and wit, leading to hysterical, candid
conversations covering the worlds of comedy, sports, and entertainment.
They’ll also offer fans a chance to gather around the bonfire and call in
to discuss the top stories of the day, and the duo will continue to share
funny stories from their skyrocketing comedy careers.

“I’m beyond excited to have found our new home at Faction Talk,” said
Oakerson. “To be sharing a channel and immediately following the great Ron
Bennington is a dream come true for me. I can’t wait to get back with our
crew and start rocking again!!”

Im so excited to join Faction Talk with shows like Jim and Sam and
Bennington,” added Soder. “Honestly, Im the most excited to get back on-air
with the full Bonfire crew, two months has been way too long and its great
to get back to work.

Big Jay Oakerson’s easy charm and raw delivery have made him one of the
most beloved and easily recognizable comedians in New York City. His comedy
career spans two decades including Oakerson regularly headlining venues
across the country, and playing festivals including Bonnaroo, Jagers Korn
tour, RockStar Energy Drinks Mayhem Fest, Gathering of the Juggalos and
Funny or Die’s Oddball Festival. He has also been featured on This Is Not
Happening with Ari Shaffir, Comedy Underground with Dave Attell, FX’s
Louie, Inside Amy Schumer, Late Night with Jimmy Fallon, and Conan. Jay’s
debut hour special Big Jay Oakerson: Live At Webster Hall premiered on
Comedy Central in 2016, and his second special premiered in 2018 as part of
“The Degenerates” on Netflix.

Dan Soder is a New York City based comedian and actor who is best known as
the fan-favorite character “Mafee” on the hit Showtime series, Billions.
Soder’s first HBO comedy special, Son of a Gary, premiered in December 2019
and is streaming now. His previous special, The Standups premiered on
Netflix in 2017, and his first hour-long stand-up special, Not Special,
premiered on Comedy Central in 2016. Other credits include: Comedy
Central’s Half Hour, Conan, Inside Amy Schumer, and @midnight.

The Bonfire’s move to Faction Talk channel 103 follows a 5-year successful
run on SiriusXM’s Comedy Central channel 95.

WMLB Flips To Conservative Talk Under LMA

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/2...alk-under-lma/

The John Fredericks Radio Network has begun operating 1690 WMLB Avondale
Estates/Atlanta GA and has flipped the station to Conservative Talk ahead
of a future acquisition.

Fredericks, who owns the Richmond VA market 820 WJFN Chester/100.5 WJFN-FM
Goochland VA, will duplicate much of its programming on the new Freedom
1690. That included Fredericks in mornings from 6-10am, War Room with Steve
Bannon 10am-12pm and 5-6pm, Miranda Khan 12-1pm, Dave Ramsey 1-3pm, Outside
The Beltway 4-5pm, and Mark Levin 6-9pm.

Fredericks will also debut a new show from 3-4pm hosted by former Georgia
Congressman Doug Collins. Collins, who recently lost his bid for one of the
two vacant Senate seats in Georgia, will be offered in to syndication later
this month.

The John Fredericks Radio Network (JFRN) headquartered in Richmond,
Virginia announces a new talk radio station in metro Atlanta commencing
March 1.

The new format will air on legacy Atlanta radio station WMLB AM 1690 under
a Local Marketing Agreement (LMA) until the full purchase is made.

JFRN currently owns three radio stations in Virginia, anchored by the John
Fredericks Show, which runs 6:00 AM to 10:00 AM daily across much of
Virginia. The new Atlanta station will operate under the John Fredericks
Radio Network conglomerate.

“News-talk radio is the last bastion of free and unencumbered speech in
America,” talk show host and CEO John Fredericks said. “It’s our final
frontier of free speech, and it’s a community devoid of the cancel culture
now stifling and squashing free and open discussion in our country. We are
honored to bring our fresh and dynamic brand of news-talk radio and
cutting-edge commentary to our Atlanta metro listeners.”

Doug Collins Launches New Syndicated Radio Show

JFRN is proud to announce a new syndicated radio talk show, “The Doug
Collins Show” debuting on March 1. Collins is a former Georgia Congressman
and former ranking member of the House Judiciary Committee. Collins’ show
will be aired Monday through Friday 3:00-4:00 PM live from Atlanta. More
Georgia affiliates for The Doug Collins Show will be added in March.

“We are very excited to have Doug as part of our radio syndicated network
and I believe his show will become immediate must-listen radio not only in
Georgia but nationally,” Fredericks said. “Doug has always had his finger
on the pulse of America.” Collins’ show will also be aired live on
Fredericks-owned stations in Virginia: WJFN-AM 820, WJFN-FM 100.5 FM, and
92.7 FM.

“The Doug Collins show will be on the front lines in the fight for
conservative ideas that make a difference in the lives of people,” Collins
said. “It’s conservatives that believe in the people and The Doug Collins
Show will be the place where the ideas for tomorrow are birthed.” Liberals
love to tell us what is wrong with us and what we should be scared of,” the
former U.S. Rep. added. “My show will be a place where good ideas are
nurtured, government encroachment is fought against, and the worth of the
individual will be celebrated.”

Collins described his show as a mix of interviews that will span the
political and the social gamut pointing to what is good in our country and
how we can make it better. “Listen to the show to be challenged, lifted up,
motivated, angered but never bored,” Collins promised.

Freedom WMLB AM 1690s lineup includes: John Fredericks 6-10 AM, War Room
with Steve Bannon 10 AM-Noon, News On with Miranda Khan Noon-1 PM, The Dave
Ramsey Show 1-3 PM, Doug Collins Show 3-4 PM, Outside the Beltway 4-5 PM,
War Room Live Evening Edition Stephen K. Bannon 5-6 PM, Mark Levin 6-9 PM,
News of the Day 9-10 PM and Caravan to Midnight with John B. Wells 10 PM to
Midnight. Red Eye Radio from 12 Midnight to 6 AM takes the line-up full
circle to John Fredericks in the morning.

Stephen K. Bannon, former senior strategic advisor to President Trump and
host of the wildly popular War Room show airing live on the network,
heralded the company’s move into Atlanta.

“Georgia is new the firewall for freedom,” Bannon said.

“As Georgia goes so goes the nation; as the nation goes so goes the
worldThe War Room arrives to undergird the Trump movement and give the
deplorables a platform to not simply be heard—but to take action,” Bannon
added.

Freedom WMLB AM 1690 will also be the Atlanta flagship for Virginia
Military Institute Keydets football playing a spring college football
schedule in the SOCON and will broadcast an east coast high school
baseball game of the week this spring.

Buffalo Gets A Classic Hip-Hop Vibe

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/2...-hip-hop-vibe/

With the debut of its new FM translator, Cumulus Media has launched Classic
Hip Hop 98.9 The Vibe on 1120 WBBF and 98.9 W255DH Buffalo NY this weekend.

The station is positioning as Buffalos Classic Hip Hop and utilizing
Westwood Ones 24/7 format programming. The on-air lineup includes Westwood
One talents Tony Zazza, Ms. Eklass, and Sweezy.

WBBF had been simulcasting Classic Hits 104.1 WHTT since late 2019.

FCC Report 2/28: More Fines For Late License Renewals

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/2...ense-renewals/

The FCC has issued a number of fines for failing to timely file license
renewals.

New Life Ministries Gospel 1600 WXVI Montgomery AL was fined $3000. WXVI
was required to file its license renewal by December 2, 2019 but did not
submit it until January 13, 2020 prior to its April 1, 2020 license
expiration.

The following translators and LPFMs were fined $1500 as being secondary
services:

John Burdettes 101.5 W268BM Jasper AL was to have filed its license renewal
by December 2, 2019 but did not submit it until March 30, 2020.
LLF Holdings, LLCs 102.9 K275CC Macon GA filed its renewal on March 17,
2020 after its scheduled deadline of December 2, 2019.
Provision Ministrys 95.7 WPMR-LP Russellville AL was required to file by
December 2, 2019 but did not until March 2, 2020.
Voice of Euporas 101.7 WEHS-LP Eupora MS was required to file its renewal
on February 3, 2020 but did not until April 16, 2020.

The FCC continues to reach consent decrees with operators over missing
documents from their online political files. Each of the groups have agreed
to admission of liability and compliance plans:

Bragg Broadcasting Corporation licensee of KSAR Thayer MO
Delta Broadcasting, LLC licensee of KYMO and KYMO-FM East Prairie MO
QueenB Radio Wisconsin, Inc. licensee of KIYX Sageville IA
SummitMedias license holding companies of KSGF, KSGF-FM, and KTTS
Springfield MO
Tri-Rivers Broadcasting Company licensee of KMEM-FM Memphis MO
Wennes Communications Stations, Inc. licensee of KDEC, KDHK and KVIK
Decorah and KMRV and KNEI-FM Waukon IA

FM Changes
This content is for Premium Annual and Premium Monthly members only. Visit
the site and log in/register to read.