Old May 19th 07, 12:14 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated

Default Is your station photogenic?

Here's an opportunity to show off Amateur Radio to the public in a
positive way.

73, de Hans, K0HB
--
{{{{* http://www.home.earthlink.net/~k0hb

Old May 19th 07, 03:18 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated

"KØHB" wrote in message
ups.com
Here's an opportunity to show off Amateur Radio to the
public in a positive way.

73, de Hans, K0HB
{{{{* http://www.home.earthlink.net/~k0hb

They wouldn't want to see in here..! I could win the world's untidiest
shack contest without even trying ;-)

73 Ivor G6URP

Old May 19th 07, 04:38 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated

Is my station photogenic?

You tell me:

http://hometown.aol.com/n2ey/myhomepage/

73 de Jim, N2EY

Old May 19th 07, 05:04 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated

On May 19, 2:18 am, "Ivor Jones" wrote:

They wouldn't want to see in here..! I could win the world's untidiest
shack contest without even trying ;-)

73 Ivor G6URP

I'll show you mine, if you'll show me yours!

http://home.earthlink.net/~k0hb/site.../k0hbshack.jpg

73, de Hans, K0HB
--
{{{{* http://www.home.earthlink.net/~k0hb

Old May 19th 07, 05:04 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated

On May 19, 3:38 am, wrote:

You tell me:

Although I recognize some parts from an old kerosene-powered Muntz TV
that my grandmother discarded in 1893, this assemblage isn't ready for
prime time viewing, Jim.

73, de Hans, K0HB
--
{{{{* http://www.home.earthlink.net/~k0hb

Old May 19th 07, 06:59 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated

On May 18, 8:04?pm, K?HB wrote:
On May 19, 3:38 am, wrote:

You tell me:

Although I recognize some parts from an old kerosene-powered Muntz TV
that my grandmother discarded in 1893, this assemblage isn't ready for
prime time viewing, Jim.

I don't see the Elecraft K2 anywhere in that photo. :-)

But, if some are going on TV, I might arrange a mass
purchase of Factor Suntan #4. It's an easy drive down
Highland Blvd into Hollywood for me. [Max Factor, that
is] :-)

73, Len AF6AY

Old May 19th 07, 01:39 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated

"KØHB" wrote in message
ups.com
On May 19, 2:18 am, "Ivor Jones"
wrote:

They wouldn't want to see in here..! I could win the
world's untidiest shack contest without even trying ;-)

73 Ivor G6URP

I'll show you mine, if you'll show me yours!

http://home.earthlink.net/~k0hb/site.../k0hbshack.jpg

73, de Hans, K0HB

That's *too* tidy ;-)

73 Ivor G6URP

Old May 19th 07, 01:40 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated

On May 19, 12:04?am, K?HB wrote:
On May 19, 3:38 am, wrote:

You tell me:

Although I recognize some parts from an old kerosene-powered Muntz TV
that my grandmother discarded in 1893, this assemblage isn't ready for
prime time viewing, Jim.

Why not, Hans?

What's wrong with it?

btw, there are no parts from Muntz TVs in there. In fact there are
almost no old-TV parts at all. Lots of WW2 military surplus parts
(swords-into-plowshares and all that), a considerable amount of parts
removed from discarded test equipment, and a lot of hamfest finds.

73 de Jim, N2EY

I am working on a new television series for HGTV called Man Land. It
is
about places in the home that men carve out for themselves such as
the
shed, basement, attic or garage in order to house their passion
project - in
the case of your members, their Ham Radios.

Can you help me to get the word out to your members? I am looking for
guys who have outfitted the ultimate uber-ham radio station in their
homes to appear on our show.

Please have any interested members contact me at 8183824312 or write
me at this email address.

----

Thanks so much for your help.

Ronda Berkeley
LMNO Productions
818 382 4312

http://www.radiowymsey.org/rimages/stationBig.jpg

Charlie.

M0WYM
www.radiowymsey.org

Old May 20th 07, 09:19 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated

On May 19, 4:04 am, KØHB wrote:

I'll show you mine, if you'll show me yours!

http://home.earthlink.net/~k0hb/site...builderpicture...

73, de Hans, K0HB
--

{{{{*http://www.home.earthlink.net/~k0hb

In what must be a tribute to your Nordic roots, your shack is perhaps
the most sterile looking I've ever seen. Where are the backup rigs,
boatanchors, switch boxes, accessory boxes, multiple watt meters?
Where is the six foot rack full of goodies? Where is the clutter?

Dave K8MN