Old May 13th 05, 01:00 PM
ki4bbl

Default Working home station and club station field day 2005

Hi all,

Well, I am jazzed about field day this year, however, I have additional
responsibilities this year that I have not had in the past. I am
signed up to work the club site, but I cannot stay the whole time. I
would also like to have a station at home with dipole thrown in trees
and generator kicking (Hopefully neighbors are ok with this for apprx.
8 hours. Can I work the club and then come home and work the home
station and submit a log on my behalf as well? I would be a 1D station
at home.

Thanks
Greg
ki4bbl

Old May 13th 05, 04:32 PM

ki4bbl wrote:
Hi all,

Well, I am jazzed about field day this year, however, I have

additional
responsibilities this year that I have not had in the past. I am
signed up to work the club site, but I cannot stay the whole time. I
would also like to have a station at home with dipole thrown in trees
and generator kicking (Hopefully neighbors are ok with this for

apprx.
8 hours. Can I work the club and then come home and work the home
station and submit a log on my behalf as well? I would be a 1D

station
at home.

All transmitters have to be within a 1000 foot diameter circle. See
section 4.1 of the rules.

http://www.arrl.org/contests/rules/2...s-fd-2005.html

Get into it from home with your own call anyway, lotta fun.

Thanks
Greg
ki4bbl

w3rv

Old May 13th 05, 05:04 PM
Little O'Me

On 13 May 2005 05:00:20 -0700, "ki4bbl"
wrote:

Hi all,

Well, I am jazzed about field day this year, however, I have additional
responsibilities this year that I have not had in the past. I am
signed up to work the club site, but I cannot stay the whole time. I
would also like to have a station at home with dipole thrown in trees
and generator kicking (Hopefully neighbors are ok with this for apprx.
8 hours. Can I work the club and then come home and work the home
station and submit a log on my behalf as well? I would be a 1D station
at home.

Thanks
Greg
ki4bbl

Yes, you can operate both. You cannot, however, work the club station
from your home station and give them a point.

If you use a generator (emergency power) at your home you would be
operating Class "E", not Class "D". Class "D" is for home stations on
commercial power.

Finally, remember that any contact on any band counts, except for the
WARC bands (30, 17 and 12) and contacts on 146.520 mHz.

See the ARRL website at http://www.arrl.org/contests/forms/ for the
Field Day rules or a complete packet of the rules and other useful
information.

73, Greg, and I'll be looking for you during Field Day.

Rick
WM6M
Old May 13th 05, 05:42 PM
G. Doughty

Thanks for the info. Just what I needed. Listen for the clarity of the
6146 tubes I'll be burning up at night. I am contemplating taking the cover
off of the ts 520 so I can watch the tubes glow, HOWEVER, with my three year
old daughter watching and camping in the backyard, I may just leave it all
together. I don't need her being thrown into a tree from the jolt!
73
ki4bbl

rdnews.com...
wrote:

[...]

WMLT radio station celebrates 60 years Mike Terry Broadcasting 0 January 5th 05 05:43 PM
List Logging dxAce Shortwave 9 September 24th 04 09:05 PM
RILEY SAYS K1MAN BROADCASTS ARE LEGAL Dave Welby General 27 May 10th 04 11:30 PM
RILEY SAYS K1MAN BROADCASTS ARE LEGAL Dave Welby Shortwave 31 May 10th 04 11:30 PM
FCC Amateur Radio Enforcement Letters for the Period Ending May 1, 2004 private General 0 May 10th 04 09:39 PM