Old July 1st 07, 01:30 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated

Default TUNER-CALL SWITCH

question: on the ORIGINAL IC706 is the TUNER/CALL SWITCH active or do I need
to switch something under the hood to get it to work? I am using an ICAH4
tuner (80m-6m) and it does not work with the original 706 (same plug and
wiring), but works OK with the 706MK2g!
73's

Old July 1st 07, 08:22 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated

In article ,
"John Doe" wrote:

question: on the ORIGINAL IC706 is the TUNER/CALL SWITCH active or do I need
to switch something under the hood to get it to work? I am using an ICAH4
tuner (80m-6m) and it does not work with the original 706 (same plug and
wiring), but works OK with the 706MK2g!

John-

I think it should work but my 706 is kaput, so I can't try it.

When I bought the IC 7000, the old IC 180 tuner wouldn't work with it
until I did a reset with the tuner attached. I don't recall how, but it
may be mentioned in the manual.

Fred
K4DII

Old July 1st 07, 10:05 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated

The Tuner button needs a signal on the 4 pin Molex connector before it will
do anything. The connector is looking for the tuner to tell the rig it is
tuned. There was a circuit on the net a while back that could fool the rig
into thinking it has a tuner attached, I think it involved one transistor,
but it seems like it disappeared from the net a few years back. Perhaps
there is another.

TUNER/CALL SWITCH John Doe Equipment 4 July 3rd 07 04:35 PM
TUNER-CALL SWITCH John Doe Antenna 0 July 1st 07 11:55 AM
they call this good condition, what would you call it ? mike maghakian Shortwave 21 May 20th 06 08:51 PM
Coax Switch To Switch One Antenna Lead Between Several HF Transceivers ? Gary Antenna 4 January 24th 05 10:21 AM
Attn Will (K5FM) TS 830 Mode Switch Call Me! Michael Brandt Swap 0 September 8th 04 07:36 AM