Old May 30th 08, 09:16 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated

Default Digital broadcaster on 76 m ?

Every evening on 3865 here in the northeast US there is what I believe to be
a digital broadcaster.
The "noise" is a rasping sound, and it goes on all evening long, steady.
Quite strong.

I know nothing about digital reception. Is there a way to decode this
signal, by using my PC sound card and some software?

Rick K2XT

Old May 31st 08, 12:24 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated

In article ,
Rick wrote:

Every evening on 3865 here in the northeast US there is what I believe to be
a digital broadcaster.
The "noise" is a rasping sound, and it goes on all evening long, steady.
Quite strong.

I know nothing about digital reception. Is there a way to decode this
signal, by using my PC sound card and some software?

Try:
http://n1su.com/windrm/ (ham-oriented)
http://drm.sourceforge.net/ (broadcast-oriented)

The wide-bandwidth (broadcast-oriented) DRM systems may require that
you have access to a low-frequency-IF version of the signal, or tap
out a 455 kHz IF and mix it down to around 10-15 kHz.

I believe that the narrow-bandwidth (ham-oriented) versions could use
the audio output from a SSB receiver.

--
Dave Platt AE6EO

Old June 8th 08, 08:57 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
Tom Tom is offline

On May 30, 7:24 pm, (Dave Platt) wrote:
In article ,

)
http://drm.sourceforge.net/ (broadcast-orient

ed)

The wide-bandwidth (broadcast-oriented) DRM systems may require that
you have access to a low-frequency-IF version of the signal, or tap
out a 455 kHz IF and mix it down to around 10-15 kHz.

Did you mean 3965kHz? There is no scheduled DRM transmission on
3865kHz. On 3965, Radio France has a 1kW DRM transmission from
Issoudun targetting France on all day except 1800-1900 and 2000-2200
UTC. I'm amazed that you find it so strong across the Atlantic.

Tom