Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 27th 10, 01:19 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated

Default Ratio of hams (was Wash DC ham numbers. What is wrong?)

In article ,
Dick Grady AC7EL wrote:

And rural areas tend to have a higher ratio of hams. A case in point
is Pahrump, NV, where I live. 35,000 population spread over a valley
10 miles wide by 20 miles long, in the middle of the desert. Most
housing lots are 1.25 acres with little or no CC&Rs. (*) The nearest
nearby towns are at least a half hour away. According to qrz.com,
there are 322 ham licenses (not counting the 4 club licenses) with
Pahrump in their address. That's a ratio of 1 to 109.

I remember when I visited Alaska years ago that there sure seemed
to be a lot of hams. I just ran the numbers for Fairbanks and it's
about 1 in 70. For Talkeetna, it's about 1 in 7.5.

Patty

HD Radio shutdown in Wash, D.C! LMFAO! PocketRadio Shortwave 49 January 2nd 09 01:36 PM
Eduardo - FM-HDs in Wash, D.C also have turned off IBOC PocketRadio Shortwave 0 December 30th 08 10:35 AM
Crosley after wash Ken G. Radio Photos 0 June 8th 07 01:18 AM
Wash Your Mouth Out, Mark Roger Policy 0 December 10th 06 09:36 PM
PING AUK OT Just How Wrong IS Ward Hardman. Not as wrong as the Doofus of Masturbation. TransWench CB 1 August 20th 06 12:06 AM