Old March 14th 11, 03:12 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.info

Default Japanese Disaster Communications

The images from Japan are heart-rending. Evidently amateur radio is
being used within Japan and in the international community to provide
support.

This was posted on the International Amateur Radio Union Region 1
website:

===Japan Earthquake/Pacific Tsunami - Update 2
Written by G0DUB

Saturday, 12 March 2011 09:39

HF frequencies are now known to be in use by Japanese amateurs as part
of their emergency response:

7043 kHz SSB: controlled by JR3QHQ the Osaka branch manager of JARL He
is gathering incident information on radio and forwarding this
information onto the internet.

7075 kHz SSB: Operated by JL3YSP in Wakayama occasionally.

7030 kHz : JARL emergency communication frequency in their bandplan is
in use by JA7RL (JARL regional HQ station).

Would all amateurs please make every effort to avoid interfering with
emergency communications on these frequencies.

Last Updated on Saturday, 12 March 2011 12:18

===
Jack Powley, WAØSAQ, sent me an email that indicated that Toru,
JG1EIQ, asked that specific frequencies be kept clear:

Following freq's are assigned for emergency QSO. Please keep clear.
Thank you for your kind help! Ops JARL & volunteers - 3520 to 3530,
7025 to 7035, 14090 to 14110, 21190 to 21200, 28190 to 28210, 50100,
51000, 141000, 145000, 430100, 433000 kHz.

I do not know how official this list is. However, please be careful to
monitor any frequency before you transmit to be sure that you are not
using a frequency being used in the disaster response.

If I get more information, I will send it out.

73, Art KØAIZ

ARRL Nebraska Section
Section Manager: Arthur I Zygielbaum, K0AIZ

Old March 14th 11, 03:13 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.info

Default More information on Japanese use of Amateur Radio Frequencies

Just as I sent off my last email, I received the following:

===
Hi friends

QTC ! A1 CLUB DX members and other

As you may know, we had a terrible quake in northern part of Japan on
Friday afternoon last week. After three days past, more than 2000
killed and more than 10000 missing up to now. Also, the nuclear power
plants located in Fukushima-pref. is getting serious situation.

We as an amateur radio operator are gathering and exchanging emergency
information on the following frequencies.

Please kindly keep clean these freqs.
3525KHz+/-5KHz
7030KHz+/-5KHz
14.100MHz+/-10KHz
21.200MHz+/-10KHz
28.200MHz+/-10KHz
50.100MHz、51.000MHz、51.500MHz
144.100MHz、145.000MHz、145.500MHz
430.100MHz、433.000MHz、433.500MHz

Thank you for your kind cooperation.

A1 CLUB secretary
Atsu, JE1TRV

===
Please be careful to avoid these frequencies.