Old August 25th 14, 09:19 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated

Default Yahoo Groups

I cannot tell you, especially in a moderated group, how much I hate
these things.

They are the result of some twisted mind who got hold of some good
forum software and messed it up to make it as difficult to use as
possible, without making it IMpossible.

Then the afore mentioned twisted mind somehow convinced a large part
of the Amateur fraternity that they are a Good Thing®.

They are the forum from hell and I just cannot understand their
popularity especially with a group of technically adept people.

--
73's de Guy G4DWV/4X1LT

Old August 26th 14, 04:53 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated

On Monday, August 25, 2014 4:19:06 PM UTC-4, DrTeeth wrote:
I cannot tell you, especially in a moderated group, how much I hate
these things.

They are the result of some twisted mind who got hold of some good
forum software and messed it up to make it as difficult to use as
possible, without making it IMpossible.

They are the forum from hell and I just cannot understand their
popularity especially with a group of technically adept people.

You can make a Yahoo forum function just like your
mail reader does in a couple different ways:

You can forward all the mail to another account
that you normally view email in,and enable
that account to post to Yahoo groups.

or

You can also just get your Yahoo mail, and therefore
newsgroups, in your mail reader.

No ads, nothing but regular email that operates
completely normally in a mail reader that you
normally use.

Old August 26th 14, 04:53 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated

"DrTeeth" wrote in message
I cannot tell you, especially in a moderated group, how much I hate
these things.

There are some good amateur radio groups out there, especially
the Eddystone lot.

For example, a very rare but much modified S504 came my way
and through the group was able to get it a good home with
a restorer.

The trouble nowadays is that newcomers to the Interweb get
a WWW habit, and the text-based Internet that is Usenet
is something that they do not come across.

Old August 27th 14, 01:34 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated

On Mon, 25 Aug 2014 23:53:00 EDT, just as I was about to take a herb,
"Michael J. Coslo" disturbed my reverie and
wrote:

You can make a Yahoo forum function just like your
mail reader does in a couple different ways:

A phpBB forum or a News Group would be much more preferable than the
rubbish that is Yahoo groups. I cannot understand how anybody could
think it a Good Idea® to have one of them at all.
--
Cheers,

DrT

** You've never known happiness until you're married;
** but by then it is too late.

Old August 27th 14, 02:50 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated

On 8/26/14, 7:34 PM, DrTeeth wrote:

A phpBB forum or a News Group would be much more preferable than the
rubbish that is Yahoo groups. I cannot understand how anybody could
think it a Good Idea® to have one of them at all.

Because the content is more important than the media. Which would be
more useful, a completely dead newsgroup or a Yahoo group filled with
useful information? I'm not implying that this newsgroup is dead, but
it is the only one of the ones I used to follow that has any life left
at all. When the participants pick the web, there's not much that those
of us who prefer news readers can do about it.

73, Steve KB9X

Old August 28th 14, 12:35 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated

On Wednesday, August 27, 2014 9:50:57 AM UTC-4, Steve Bonine wrote:
On 8/26/14, 7:34 PM, DrTeeth wrote:

Because the content is more important than the media. Which would be
more useful, a completely dead newsgroup or a Yahoo group filled with
useful information? I'm not implying that this newsgroup is dead, but
it is the only one of the ones I used to follow that has any life left
at all. When the participants pick the web, there's not much that those
of us who prefer news readers can do about it.

Steve, if you prefer a newsreader, there is every possibility of
getting your Yahoo group content in it. I've been doing that ever
since they messed up their web mail interface. I get my Yahoo
group content in either Mac Mail, or T-Bird, depending on the
Operating system.

If people do not believe me, I am more than happy to post
step by step instructions.

This is a non-problem.

-Mike -

Old August 28th 14, 02:53 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated

In article ,
Michael J. Coslo wrote:

Steve, if you prefer a newsreader, there is every possibility of
getting your Yahoo group content in it.

And, of course, Yahoo Groups are also accessible via email. I almost
never visit the YG website, and I belong to a half dozen groups.

Patty

Yahoo Groups Ed G Equipment 0 December 18th 07 03:52 AM
OM-power on Yahoo-groups PA3HGT Equipment 0 August 11th 07 11:41 AM
(OT) Google Groups 2 (BETA) = Yahoo Groups {eGroups} ? RHF Shortwave 3 September 21st 04 09:03 AM
Yahoo groups Jim Hackett Shortwave 13 December 30th 03 10:12 AM
any yahoo groups for RF design harshit Homebrew 0 December 2nd 03 03:27 AM