Old April 8th 16, 05:59 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Default [KB6NU] Announcing the 2016 Michigan QSO Party

KB6NU's Ham Radio Blog

Announcing the 2016 Michigan QSO Party

As those of you who have read my blog before know, Im a big booster of
state QSO parties. Well, the Michigan QSO Party is happening on Saturday,
April 16, from 1600Z to 0400Z. Â*

As I did last year, I plan to operate with the University of Michigan
Amateur Radio Club. They have an ongoing rivalry with the Michigan State
University Amateur Radio Club. Theres even a trophy thats held by the
winner of the competition, in the spirit of the Paul Bunyan Trophy, which
goes to the winner of the U-M/MSU football game. Its called the Ole Log,
and as you can see from the picture above, it kind of looks like the state
of Michigan.Â*Last year, we trounced the MSU team, and we plan to do it
again this year.
At any rate, I hope that youll consider participating, and if you do, that
youll listen for us. Our callsignÂ*is W8UM.
Heres the announcement from our Division Director, WA8EFK:
Just Have Some Fun!!!!!

Chance to get on the air
Single Op, Multi Op, Mobile, EOC
Be the station others want to work
Maybe activate a rare county?
Excellent Club Activity
Reason to get together as group
Join the fun in the “EOC” station category
Excellent Training opportunity!
Get new members on the air!
Friendly Competition

Let’s all help make Michigan “radio-active” on the 16th ofÂ*April!!!!
Get your local EOC on the air and show the emergency management teamÂ*how
amateur radio can benefit their efforts!!!
The 2016 Michigan QSO Party, sponsored by the Mad River Radio Club, isÂ*from
1600Z April 16 until 0400Z April 17. Â*
Stations may operate the full 12 hours. Phone and CW on
80/40/20/15/10Â*meters. Â*Single-op, multi-op, and mobile categories. Â*Â*Work
stationsÂ*once per band and mode. Â*MI-to-MI QSOs allowed. Work portables
andÂ*mobiles again as they change county, state or province. Â*Exchange
QSOÂ*number and location (county for MI stations, state/province or DX
forÂ*others). Â*
Suggested frequencies:

CW-3545, 7045, 14045, 21045, 28045;

Phone-3825,Â*7200, 14250, 21300, 28450. Â*
One point per phone QSO, two points per CWÂ*QSO. Â*Count multipliers once per
mode.
Multipliers are MI counties for all entries, plus states, provinces andÂ*DX
for MI entries only. Â*Final score is total Â*QSO points times
totalÂ*multipliers. Â*
Submit logs no later than 30 days after the contest. Â*Electronic logsÂ*in
Cabrillo format are submitted via the Log Submittal page on the MiQPÂ*web
site http://www.miqp.org/submitLogFileMiQP.html. Â*Mail paper logsÂ*with
summary sheets to: Mad River Radio Club, c/o Dave Pruett, 2727Â*Harris Road,
Ypsilanti, MI 48198. Â*
For full rules, along with free logging software, log and summaryÂ*sheets,
see http://www.miqp.org.

The post Announcing the 2016 Michigan QSO Party appeared first on KB6NUs
Ham Radio Blog.

Old April 8th 16, 08:52 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

On 4/8/2016 12:59 PM, KB6NU via rec.radio.amateur.moderated Admin wrote:

KB6NU's Ham Radio Blog

Announcing the 2016 Michigan QSO Party

As those of you who have read my blog before know, Im a big booster of
state QSO parties. Well, the Michigan QSO Party is happening on
Saturday, April 16, from 1600Z to 0400Z.

As I did last year, I plan to operate with the University of Michigan
Amateur Radio Club. They have an ongoing rivalry with the Michigan State
University Amateur Radio Club. Theres even a trophy thats held by the
winner of the competition, in the spirit of the Paul Bunyan Trophy,
which goes to the winner of the U-M/MSU football game. Its called the
Ole Log, and as you can see from the picture above, it kind of looks
like the state of Michigan. Last year, we trounced the MSU team, and we
plan to do it again this year.
At any rate, I hope that youll consider participating, and if you do,
that youll listen for us. Our callsign is W8UM.
Heres the announcement from our Division Director, WA8EFK:
Just Have Some Fun!!!!!

Chance to get on the air
Single Op, Multi Op, Mobile, EOC
Be the station others want to work
Maybe activate a rare county?
Excellent Club Activity
Reason to get together as group
Join the fun in the “EOC” station category
Excellent Training opportunity!
Get new members on the air!
Friendly Competition

Let’s all help make Michigan “radio-active” on the 16th of April!!!!
Get your local EOC on the air and show the emergency management team how
amateur radio can benefit their efforts!!!
The 2016 Michigan QSO Party, sponsored by the Mad River Radio Club,
is from 1600Z April 16 until 0400Z April 17.
Stations may operate the full 12 hours. Phone and CW on
80/40/20/15/10 meters. Single-op, multi-op, and mobile categories.
Work stations once per band and mode. MI-to-MI QSOs allowed. Work
portables and mobiles again as they change county, state or province.
Exchange QSO number and location (county for MI stations,
state/province or DX for others).
Suggested frequencies:

CW-3545, 7045, 14045, 21045, 28045;

Phone-3825, 7200, 14250, 21300, 28450.
One point per phone QSO, two points per CW QSO. Count multipliers once
per mode.
Multipliers are MI counties for all entries, plus states, provinces
and DX for MI entries only. Final score is total QSO points times
total multipliers.
Submit logs no later than 30 days after the contest. Electronic logs in
Cabrillo format are submitted via the Log Submittal page on the MiQP web
site http://www.miqp.org/submitLogFileMiQP.html. Mail paper logs with
summary sheets to: Mad River Radio Club, c/o Dave Pruett, 2727 Harris
Road, Ypsilanti, MI 48198.
For full rules, along with free logging software, log and
summary sheets, see http://www.miqp.org.

The post Announcing the 2016 Michigan QSO Party appeared first on KB6NUs
Ham Radio Blog.

To the moderators of rec.radio.amateur.moderated; Please stop posting
these blog echos here. I'd like to see this group be a useful place to
discuss homebrew equipment, but your posts drown out any useful content
that might happen.

Can't you stick to your own moderated group? You have managed to kill
it off with virtually no postings other than the blog echos you seem
obsessed with.

--

Rick