Old April 18th 16, 07:13 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.misc

Default [N6PSE] The 2015 Intrepid Spirit Award goes to Zorro-JH1AJT

n6pse

The 2015 Intrepid Spirit Award goes to Zorro-JH1AJT

https://n6pse.wordpress.com/2016/04/...-zorro-jh1ajt/

The Intrepid-DX Group is pleased to announce the recipient of the 4th
annual “Intrepid Spirit Award”. We are pleased to have received so many
worthy nominations to consider.

This year’s award goes to a notable Dxer and Dxpeditioner that we have come
to respect and admire greatly, Mr. Yasuo “Zorro” Miyazawa-JH1AJT.

This award is to recognize Zorro’s outstanding efforts to activate Eritrea,
Myanmar and Bangladesh. Zorro is largely responsible for fulfilling the
need for Eritrea, Myanmar and Bangladesh contacts. We recognize Zorro’s
unselfish acts to activate these challenging and much needed entities.

We acknowledge Zorro’s pursuit of operating excellence and his quest to
activate the rare and often difficult entities. It is for these reasons
that we honored him with our Intrepid Spirit Award, presented at the
International DX Convention, Visalia, California on April 16th, 2016.

This “Intrepid-Spirit Award” is made in memory of our fallen friend and
member, James McLaughlin, T6AF who was killed in Kabul, Afghanistan in
April, 2011.

The award is intended to recognize and honor those individuals or teams
that boldly activate rare entities where their own personal safety is
secondary to their pursuit of providing contacts to the DX Community. While
we do not encourage Dxers to go into harm’s way, we recognize that
circumstances sometimes require that and we recognize those Intrepid Dxers
with the Intrepid Spirit Award.

Thank you,

Paul S. Ewing

President, The Intrepid-DX Group