Old April 27th 16, 05:07 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.dx

Default [KB6NU] LNR to raise funds via Kickstarter

KB6NU's Ham Radio Blog

LNR to raise funds via Kickstarter

LNR Precision has started a Kickstarter crowdfunding effort to purchase
fabrication equipment to produce high volume products in the U.S.Â*LNR
Precision Inc. was founded in 2011 and is owned by Larry and Ryan Draughn.
They started out by making a line of end-fed antennas, and recently theyve
started selling a line of QRP transceivers. My friend, Thom, W8TAM, has a
couple of theirÂ*transceivers and really likes them.

They say:

We seek funds as we are looking to take over the manufacturing supply chain
and bring almost all production in house. We will be hiring staff to
shorten our assembly times and we will be drastically increasing our
production runs. Our demand is extremely high on our products and we simply
want to give our customers quality products at a value priced and have a
short lead time from order to delivery.

For a pledge of $25, you get and exclusive LNR Mountain Topper Badge Made
of ABS and manufactured in our plant with our laser engraver. Black with
Embossed Logo 3 Diameter.

For a pledge of $100,Â*you get an exclusive Mountain Topper Club T-Shirt XL
This is an exclusive Mountain Topper by LNR TShirt complete with LOGO on
the front.

For $750, you get a limited Edition Mountain Topper 3B One of 50
Specialized Mountain Topper Radios with special paint scheme and laser
engraved Callsign.

For $1,000, you get a limited Edition Mountain Topper 5B One of 50
Specialized Mountain Topper Radios with special paint scheme and laser
engraved Callsign.

While I applaud the effort, Im not sure theyre giving away enough. $100 for
a t-shirtÂ*seems a little steep to me. Id be more inclined to actually
invest in their company if theyd give me some stock. A recent SEC rules
change now allows small companies to raise up to $1 million annually via
crowdfunding.

What do you think, though? Would you be willing to send them $25? Do Â*you
know of any amateur radio Kickstarters that were successful?

The post LNR to raise funds via Kickstarter appeared first on KB6NUs Ham
Radio Blog.