Old July 12th 16, 06:17 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.equipment

Default [KB6NU] Not enough bounce

KB6NU's Ham Radio Blog

Not enough bounce

Last year, I wrote about a problem that a friend of mine was having with a
bouncing switch input. I searched the web, found the circuit at right, and
proceeded to breadboard it for him. We put the scope on it, and it seemed
to work great.Â*A couple of weeks later, however, he called and said that
when he tried using it in his math camp class, it didnt work at all.

A couple of days ago, I got an e-mail from my friend, saying that it was
time for math camp and could we take a look at the debounceÂ*circuit again.
This time, we connected the circuit to the input of a 74LS640 transceiver,
as he did last year. Sure enough, it just didnt seem to switch at all. When
I put the scope on it, I found that with the switch closed, the voltage on
the output only got down to around 3 V or so.

Im kind of confused by this. Is the IC input actually sourcing enough
current to keep the output at 3 V?

What we ended up doing is wiring up a transistor switch on the
debounceÂ*circuit output. That works just fine, but seems kind of kludgeyÂ*to
me.

The post Not enough bounce appeared first on KB6NUs Ham Radio Blog.

Moon Bounce JIMMIE Antenna 24 January 21st 13 12:42 AM
moon bounce [email protected] Policy 2 November 6th 06 08:37 AM
moon bounce [email protected] CB 1 November 4th 06 07:51 PM
moon bounce [email protected] Swap 1 November 4th 06 07:51 PM
Moon Bounce SR Shortwave 35 October 26th 05 01:59 AM