Old July 30th 16, 06:00 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.misc

Default [W2LJ] Change is a'comin' for Hamvention

W2LJ's Blog - QRP - Do More With Less.

Change is a'comin' for Hamvention

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/feedb...medium=e mail

News Press Release from today, July 29th, 2016:

On behalf of the Hamvention General Chair and the DARA Board of Directors.
This is an Official Announcement concerning the 2017 Dayton Hamvention and
beyond.

Dayton Hamvention® 2017 News Update

The Dayton Amateur Radio Association (DARA) regrets to inform our many
vendors, visitors and stakeholders that, unfortunately, HARA has announced
the closing of their facility. We have begun execution of our contingency
plan to move Hamvention® 2017 to a new home. DARA and Hamvention® have
enjoyed many successful years working together with HARA Arena and we wish
the Wampler family the best. DARA and Hamvention® have been working on a
contingency plan in the event HARA would become unavailable. We have spent
many hours over the last few years evaluating possible locations and have
found one in the area we believe will be a great new home!

Due to logistics and timing issues, we will make a formal announcement
introducing our new partner. This information will be coming soon. We all
believe this new venue will be a spectacular place to hold our beloved
event. Please rest assured we will have the event on the same weekend and,
since it will be in the region, the current accommodations and outside
events already planned for Hamvention® 2017 should not be affected. We look
forward to your continued support as we move to a new future with The
Dayton Hamvention®.

Ron Cramer
General Chairman
Dayton Hamvention® 2017

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!

QRPp making a comeback

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/feedb...medium=ema il

I saw this on Facebook this morning, courtesy of Paul WW2PT:

"I have decided to start publishing QRPp again. I have decided to start
publishing my QRP journal again. There will be some changes though. The
only way that you can get a paper copy will be to attend a NorCal meeting,
or write an article for QRPp.

The rest of the world will be able to get a copy by downloading a file from
the Norcal QRP Yahoo Group or here on QRP-Tech. It will be posted here 1
week after the meeting. One of the reasons I stopped publishing was the
hassle of mailing paper copies. It was a darn lot of work, and it was
expensive. I realized that I can get around that problem by posting the
file online, and everyone can download their own copy. It won't cost anyone
a dime, and it will save me a lot of work and frustration.

I plan on doing it monthly, and it will be 12-16 pages in length. The
emphasis will be on building. I plan on putting printable layouts of every
circuit and project that I can in QRPp, so that anyone can make their own
board. The guys on this list are very capable of doing that. My goal is to
increase the building part of our hobby, and to provide another source of
fun. I hope you will contribute and write for QRPp. The pay is lousy,
(there isn't any) but you get world wide recognition and you keep the
rights to everything you submit.

The first issue has articles by Steve "Snort Resin" Smith, WB6TNL, Chuck
Adams, K7QO, and me, Doug Hendricks, KI6DS. The first issue will be posted
Aug.9th. I hope you enjoy it. 72, Doug, KI6DS"

I, for one, joined the NorCal Yahoo Group. It looks to be worth it.